Thread: Are Linhof Ground Glass and Fresnel 5x7 always branded with the Linhof name

sculptorBradP

Are Linhof Ground Glass and Fresnel 5x7 always branded with the Linhof name

Are Linhof Ground Glass and Fresnel 5x7 always branded with the Linhof name when actual Linhof official products? Ebay is full of Chinese products and I want to try to avoid the mistake of purchasing a Linhof 57 KARDAN Groundglass Holder with Groundglass and Fresnel back - with newer replacement Ground Glass and Fresnel that are non-Linhof parts.

Re: Are Linhof Ground Glass and Fresnel 5x7 always branded with the Linhof name

Quote Originally Posted by sculptorBradP View Post
    Are Linhof Ground Glass and Fresnel 5x7 always branded with the Linhof name when actual Linhof official products? Ebay is full of Chinese products and I want to try to avoid the mistake of purchasing a Linhof 57 KARDAN Groundglass Holder with Groundglass and Fresnel back - with newer replacement Ground Glass and Fresnel that are non-Linhof parts.
    If that's the case I would contact Austin at LaFlex. I am currently dealing with him for a Fresnel for my 5x7 Technika V. The first one was the wrong size (out by about 1mm) - apparently there are some variations with the 5x7 Technikas. Another is on the way from the Linhof factory who are in the process of manufacturing another batch. Austin will know what you need and avoid a lot of possible trouble!

sculptorBradP

Re: Are Linhof Ground Glass and Fresnel 5x7 always branded with the Linhof name

Thanks, Wattsie, I have a 4x5 Kardan Master GTL from Austin - restored. Eventually, I will look at restoration by LaFlex Camera for a Super Technika V 5x7. I was posting the question on the merit of purchasing a particular Kardan 5x7 back for the addition to a Linhof Kardan Bi-System 5x7 that arrived without a 5x7 back - it came with a reducing back from 5x7 to 4x5. The Ebay Kardan 5x7 back does not have the brand name "Linhof" on the Ground Glass - which makes my suspicion perk up, as well as the price point questioned. I looked at the Fresnel on the Linhof site and noticed that the current 4x5 - smaller than I need with a 5x7 Kardan - the Linhof site shows no branding on the Fresnel, unlike the Ground Glass at the Linhof site which is branded - Linhof on the Ground Glass.
    Last edited by sculptorBradP; 10-Sep-2022 at 19:23.