Thread: Polaroid 8x10 available again

Polaroid 8x10 available again

As of this morning… Sept 1 2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: Polaroid 8x10 available again

Oh.

b/w is already gone. and not much colour left...
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Coincidentally, today I discovered a drawer at the electron-microscope table contained five individual 5x7" sheets of 3000asa Polaroid film. The Polaroid back and the camera attachment for the SEM are also still there. The film chemical-pods are rock solid, but luckily we went over to a digital output system about fifteen years ago. Did the film-back do the pod-crushing-and-spreading for the 5x7" material, or was it a separate device?

Fresh 8x10" would be much more interesting....

Edited to add:
    I went back to the drawer with the SEM-camera and found that the 5x7" film was actually 4x5 "Type 57", oops. There was also a pack of Type 52. And the 4x5" Polaroid holder had a pod-crusher built-in, so it was probably similar to the one I used occasionally forty years ago. The film had a use-by date of 2001, so I suppose that is roughly how old the digital-output device is!
    Last edited by MartinP; 6-Sep-2022 at 12:57.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the latest batch of color stock - does anyone have opinions of the latest iteration of the Polaroid 8x10 compared with the original 8x10 before 2008 for instance? How does it compare with emulsion quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Theyoungestknight1990 View Post
    I'm about to pull the trigger on the latest batch of color stock - does anyone have opinions of the latest iteration of the Polaroid 8x10 compared with the original 8x10 before 2008 for instance? How does it compare with emulsion quality?
    I bought a box of color and black-and-white from the previous order maybe a month or two ago. The color film is horrible. A total waste of money and totally unusable. Total crap. Can’t believe they get away with selling it. That’s my opinion I’m sticking to it. No idea about the black and white haven’t tried it still on the box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk