Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Issue with Jobo Process operation - Lift arm

Re: Issue with Jobo Process operation - Lift arm

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    I will be a customer if your machinist comes up with a good solution. I can manage but it's a pain. Thanks for posting this.
    Cout me in, too, if a good solution is found.

I do the fingers under the rails and at the same time, lift slightly with the lever, but the hand with the rails is doing the majority of heavy work. I wonder if it would be possible to make an extension to the rails and have a handle at the end of that, which clears the bottom of the 3005 drum ? I'd prefer lifting from the end as the fingers under the rails might add a bit of torque to the drum/gears....dunno. but I'd buy whatever was made that worked
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

I use the arm to help lower it but not to lift anything greater than 300ml tank or so. I have been doing it like this for over 20 years. My lift handle is still in good shape and I use it when doing 1 or 2 35mm rolls etc.
    Sequence shows a 900ml tank with motor running. With 8x10 Expert tank, I turn motor off and use same technique.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JoboLift1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	230467

Name:	JoboLift2.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	230468

Name:	JoboLift3.jpg 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	230469

I tied a simi-stiff wire to it and made a loop for my finger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised the string idea didn't get more reaction. With CPP2, I used a generous loop of synthetic cord tied to the ends of the rails and simply rested over any/all of the big heavy drums while they rotated. Didn't interfere with rotation at all.Then used the cord to raise the drum without even touching the lever or stressing any part of the mechanism.
    Last edited by Chuck S.; 30-Aug-2022 at 09:19.

How about extending the two tubes under the drum till they appear longer than the 10x8 Expert drum?

The rubber bungs come off so a length of hard plastic pipe fitted over the tubes or a length of SS rod inserted into the tubes could give enough length to be able to lift the carriage with your right hand while following the arm of the lift with your left?

I don't do 10x8 (yet) but i lift my 3010 drums with the technique mentioned.

Mike

This is pretty much what I was thinking to do , a user on FB showed me this method ( Evan Evans) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	302604337_5772907666054369_3646918980174587507_n.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	230482 I think its pretty slick and is on spot to what I was thinking of doing . but I have 5 thumbs on each hand
    I like the ability to adjust the rollers so I may think about a much longer sturdy tube / or flat rod under the lift arm that connects deeper into the unit maybe at the base.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6190.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	230483

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I use the arm to help lower it but not to lift anything greater than 300ml tank or so. I have been doing it like this for over 20 years. My lift handle is still in good shape and I use it when doing 1 or 2 35mm rolls etc.
    Sequence shows a 900ml tank with motor running. With 8x10 Expert tank, I turn motor off and use same technique.

Name:	JoboLift1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	230467

Name:	JoboLift2.jpg 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	230468

Name:	JoboLift3.jpg 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	230469
    I see this a possible with smaller tank like you are showing , I have never had issue with these tanks but the 8 x10 Expert loaded with chemicals is much larger and heavier , I cannot see this as viable, I tried Alans method where I slip my hand under at the point you are showing and it did work but I must say quite dicey with the big unit. I am going with Bernice suggestion of turning off the motor and manually taking off and dumping, once I get Macgiver in to add the rods as you see above I think my problem will be solved. I am really surprised that Jobo is not proactive enough to do something about this in their design, the openly admit the tension is too much and I have seen the issues first hand.

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Turn the motor OFF when draining and use one hand under the drum to take the weight off the handle when lifting. Once drained lower the drum with one hand under it for support and push down on the drum to be sure it is securely on the rail and then turn the motor back ON and refill the drum with chemistry. This is the quickest way to drain and refill the drum while protecting the handle.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    I see this a possible with smaller tank like you are showing , I have never had issue with these tanks but the 8 x10 Expert loaded with chemicals is much larger and heavier , I cannot see this as viable, I tried Alans method where I slip my hand under at the point you are showing and it did work but I must say quite dicey with the big unit. I am going with Bernice suggestion of turning off the motor and manually taking off and dumping, once I get Macgiver in to add the rods as you see above I think my problem will be solved. I am really surprised that Jobo is not proactive enough to do something about this in their design, the openly admit the tension is too much and I have seen the issues first hand.
    Actually that is what I do with a large tank 900ml. Eight 35mm or ten 120 or 5 8x10 or ten 4x5.