Thread: Greetings from Missouri

Greetings from Missouri

Just wanted to say hello. My last time using a large format camera goes back to the early 1980's when I was a US Navy Photographer. Learned on a Speed Graphic in photo school and used a Graphic view camera a bit in the photo lab. Switched careers from photography to Nursing but never lost the joy of making images. I recently acquired a 4X5 Sinar Norma in beautiful condition and I'm looking forward to the smell of fixer in my nostrils again after so long. This group looks like a wealth of information and inspiration and I'm so pleased to be here. Mike
    Last edited by Gozo; 28-Aug-2022 at 08:20.

loujon

Re: Greetings from Missour

Welcome to the LFPF & happy to have you as a memeber Gozo (Mike)! I look forward to your contributions!
    Last edited by Louis Pacilla; 30-Aug-2022 at 06:32.

Re: Greetings from Missouri

Welcome Gozo

I am in Southern IL
    Tin Can

Welcome aboard. I live in beautiful downtown Rondo, Missouri myself. Population 17...except when my brother goes back to California for a few months. Then it drops to 15.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Thanks for the welcome. I’m in the Columbia area.

Welcome. I know the feeling of returning after a long break. I look forward to seeing some of your work when you get back up to speed, as it were.

I started up again after about 13 years, knowing that my available time for this would now be limited; no more pro work. I streamlined all my materials and some equipment, and introduced some more economical chemistry. I took much longer, and many more mistakes along the way, including some which I couldn't believe I had made, to finally get re-established and comfortable in the darkroom as well as with some new-to-me gear. But it's great to be back! And, of course, this is the place to be on the web.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Hey there from Iowa.

Hello...From Lee's Summit area here, at least a little east in the country. I too returned to shooting 4x5. Did so in the early 90's but switched back to smaller format and then to digital in 2006. Shot nothing but color for quite a while. Like you, I got bored with it. I returned to shooting only black and white and, just recently, sold all my digital equipment and re-equipped with

Mike. I started LF photography two years ago. It's a big challenge. Lots to learn. Welcome to the forum. Alan.