Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Old Epson Perfection V700 Photo scanner

Re: Old Epson Perfection V700 Photo scanner

Hi again, I really do appreciate all the suggestions, I get this error messages since I purchased the new IMac M-1. Someone suggested I needed to get an OEM cable, I did, direct THunderbolt to the Epson V700 The entire process happens with Vue Scan 2. I get a preview, I can adjust and change the Histogram and hit scan, I hear the scanner engage and the scanner travels across the neg. and then get the Screen Shot photo I have attached here. Shows an Error message, E581-B319, same one I have always gotten. Google search of that Epson error message has not yielded a solution. Also, why would I have an interest in purchasing software or a tutorial when the scanner works fine on the old I Mac 2011 machine. I only scan for social media reproductions, the quality is not the issue. Thanks for any further suggestions. SS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 11.05.48 AM.jpg  

Real photographs are born wet !

www.PowerOfProcessTips.com

Re: Old Epson Perfection V700 Photo scanner

Quote Originally Posted by PRJ View Post
    If you've had the scanner for a decade then you probably need to clean the optics. That includes the back of the scanner glass and the mirrors. That could easily account for the lack of sharpness.
    That's a good point - thanks for that!