Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: A little more Intrepid news (es bueno news)

  1. #21
    Niels
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    108

    Re: A little more Intrepid news (es bueno news)

    Quote Originally Posted by unityofsaints View Post
    Could've just hit pause and done something else? I posted the text form as well if you prefer that.
    Not asking you to take responsibility for my choices. Just putting up a warning.
    ----
    Niels

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    1,513

    Re: A little more Intrepid news (es bueno news)

    What has become obvious over the life of the Intrepid Camera Co. is that they continue - year after year - to over-promise and under-deliver. They quote delivery times for a purchase and from what I can tell (personal experience and what I've read on forums) they rarely - if ever - actually meet the stated delivery time. That's not a good way to do business. If you know you're not meeting your own stated product delivery times, then change the forecast to set realistic expectations for the customer.

    Aside from that, I did purchase the 5x7 Intrepid 2 years ago, and its been a faithful, user-friendly tool and I have very few complaints about it. The primary issue I have with it is that I cannot mount it on my larger Manfrotto tripod because the mount screw is too long for the mounting plate, and interferes with the focus auger. This is an odd design flaw, IMO: seems it could have been easily remedied at the concept stage.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    north of the 49th
    Posts
    1,282

    Re: A little more Intrepid news (es bueno news)

    Have the v1.0 8x10 camera and while I understand people are happy with constant upgrades, I'd be annoyed if a new one came out after I got mine. They shld just sit tight and see what other things can be improved upon, and then release a killer upgrade. I'd rather see this than incrementals.

    I can think of other more important user friendly improvements they can add, but I'll let them figure that out haha

    and it's a superficial nit, but damn I wish video guy would just call it MARK Five instead of saying 'EM KAY' lol
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

  4. #24
    Niels
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    108

    Re: A little more Intrepid news (es bueno news)

    Just to balance things off here. They over delivered in my case, I had my camera in hand weeks before promised at order time.

    The base tripod mount is often mentioned and is indeed a design flaw, but I have never owned a tripod (except for the table type) that didn't offer a counter screw, thus I would personally put it in the minor inconvenience category. I have a hexagon Manfrotto tripod plate permanently mounted on the camera and never have to think about it.

    If they can maintain the low price, while doing small improvements, it is great for the LF community.
    ----
    Niels

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    1

    Re: A little more Intrepid news (es bueno news)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    Have the v1.0 8x10 camera and while I understand people are happy with constant upgrades, I'd be annoyed if a new one came out after I got mine. They shld just sit tight and see what other things can be improved upon, and then release a killer upgrade. I'd rather see this than incrementals.

    I can think of other more important user friendly improvements they can add, but I'll let them figure that out haha

    and it's a superficial nit, but damn I wish video guy would just call it MARK Five instead of saying 'EM KAY' lol
    I didn't pickup on the 'EM KAY' Think I'll rewatch it now!

  6. #26
    Lachlan 717
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: A little more Intrepid news (es bueno news)

    The updated specs and price have been added to their website.

    Has written details, but average photos to compliment these words…
    Lachlan.

    You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    950

    Re: A little more Intrepid news (es bueno news)

    DHL say's its coming this Friday, 9/30. So hopefully I can get some pics to you guys by early next week.

    I'll try to be as detailed as possible.
    --

  8. #28

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    37

    Re: A little more Intrepid news (es bueno news)

    Quote Originally Posted by ericantonio View Post
    DHL say's its coming this Friday, 9/30. So hopefully I can get some pics to you guys by early next week.

    I'll try to be as detailed as possible.
    If you're curious about the updates, I uploaded a first look Video on my channel last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr3b4cR3MfY

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    24

    Re: A little more Intrepid news (es bueno news)

    Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    Aside from that, I did purchase the 5x7 Intrepid 2 years ago, and its been a faithful, user-friendly tool and I have very few complaints about it. The primary issue I have with it is that I cannot mount it on my larger Manfrotto tripod because the mount screw is too long for the mounting plate, and interferes with the focus auger. This is an odd design flaw, IMO: seems it could have been easily remedied at the concept stage.
    in my 4x5 (metal bed) i just put a washer between the arca-swiss-compatible-plate and the camera, so that the screw does not interfere with the focus auger, that's a 5cents solution.
    Could've they put the focus mechanism 2-3mm higher? yes. Is it a dealbreaker? i won't say that.

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    950

    Re: A little more Intrepid news (es bueno news)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Horne View Post
    If you're curious about the updates, I uploaded a first look Video on my channel last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr3b4cR3MfY
    HEY! You are that dude on Youtube!!!
    --

Similar Threads

  1. BBC News FLOW Photofest One Shot: Inchindown Intrepid
    By Tin Can in forum Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25-Sep-2019, 05:01
  2. Seneca View Camera - The good news and the bad news...
    By Takizawa in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 6-Apr-2013, 21:43
  3. Some good news and bad news
    By Tim k in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 17-May-2011, 00:26
  4. good news / bad news
    By d.s. in forum Darkroom: Equipment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-Mar-2010, 20:11

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •