Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7x17 film sleeves

7x17 film sleeves

Hey All,

I have sleeves for 7x17 from Climax and was hoping to order more but the shipping (UPS) is almost half the price of the sleeves themselves.

Does anyone here, Canadian or otherwise, know of a source in Canada, or store that offers less expensive shipping ? Ideally USPS

tia,
    freddy
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Re: 7x17 film sleeves

So an update. Ordered some sleeves from Climaxphoto and they still have some left. However, when the last bunch are gone, they are GONE. No more will be made unless a minimum order quantity is made. Think it was in the thousands.

I've found that using buffered paper sleeves like Michael Smith(RIP) and Paula Chamlee use works better for me. Maybe not as cheap as plastic, but the file-folder style still protects the negative well but also allows for dodging/burning/exposure notes to be written on the sleeve as well.
    Upside: you can purchase the paper and cut/fold them to size, as needed.

-Dan

Acid free (usually cotton or linen) paper is safer over the years than buffered. I used to buy interleaving paper from Light Impressions which was cotton, but thankfully I have a lifetime supply and don't need more as they seem to be out of business.

Jim,
    That interleaving paper is Appolo Paper? If so, there are stock items on their website. Sad they don't ship internationaly.

multiplex

Whenever I submit to a HABS or similar documentation they are transmitted in unbuffered thumb tabbed sleeves/envelopes. If you have a library / archive supply house they might be able to help you. I get mine at Gaylord Brothers. Maybe you can find something similar on Amazon near you where shipping fees are reduced ... Good Luck!
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jnantz View Post
    Whenever I submit to a HABS or similar documentation they are transmitted in unbuffered thumb tabbed sleeves/envelopes. If you have a library / archive supply house they might be able to help you. I get mine at Gaylord Brothers. Maybe you can find something similar on Amazon near you where shipping fees are reduced ... Good Luck!
    John
    Thanks, John!

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by Helcio J Tagliolatto View Post
    Thanks, John!

You're welcome! I didn't realize you were in Brazil, I hope amazon.com has this sort of thing and it makes it easier to find, shops that carry these things locally might be very hard to find..

John

I am also in need of 7x17 sleeves. I see that Climax Photo has them but you have to buy 500 and I don't need this many. If anyone else needs some maybe we can split an order. PM if so. Also what type of boxes are you using to store the negative?

that's odd, when I got mine, I bought in multiples of 100. Their site shows packs of 100 sleeves, does the 500 min show up when you add to the cart ?