Thread: Can’t find profile in Photoshop on new computer

Can’t find profile in Photoshop on new computer

I’m currently installing all software on my new Mac Mini, it seems that I’m missing a profile/icc on the new machine.

Before my workflow was for years, open a B&W image and convert it to profile “Epson Gray - Gamma 2.2”.

Now it’s not there anymore in Photoshop, over the years I have installed/un-installed software … I have search all the ColorSync folders but no file.

Anyone an idea where I can find this, also I have now idea what the impact will be on existing tif files.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C704D2DD-7A3A-482E-BD59-5A106251FE15.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	230033

Thanks
    Patrick

Re: Can’t find profile in Photoshop on new computer

Patrick,

Which version of Photoshop are you using? I just checked in Photoshop CC 2021 and 2022 and it was there in both versions. It was at the very bottom of the list. If it's still not there, you could copy that Epson profile from your old version and add it to your new one.

-Joshua

No idea where the "Epson Gray - Gamma 2.2" profile came from, but I would guess that this initial step in your workflow was simply converting into a gray gamma 2.2 working space. I'm assuming, based on what you said, that this was very early (maybe, first step) in your workflow? If so, you can accomplish the same thing in the Color Settings dialog. Set your working color space to gray gamma 2.2 and tick the appropriate checkbox at the bottom of this dialog.

If your previous TIFF files were saved with the Epson gray profile, then PS will honor it depending on how you have your Color Settings set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Dunn View Post
    Patrick,

Which version of Photoshop are you using? I just checked in Photoshop CC 2021 and 2022 and it was there in both versions. It was at the very bottom of the list. If it's still not there, you could copy that Epson profile from your old version and add it to your new one.

-Joshua
    Joshua,
    I have taken another look, but it’s not there in the list. I’m currently using the latest version of Photoshop CC.
    I’ll keep on searching on the old computer

Quote Originally Posted by Alan9940 View Post
    No idea where the "Epson Gray - Gamma 2.2" profile came from, but I would guess that this initial step in your workflow was simply converting into a gray gamma 2.2 working space. I'm assuming, based on what you said, that this was very early (maybe, first step) in your workflow? If so, you can accomplish the same thing in the Color Settings dialog. Set your working color space to gray gamma 2.2 and tick the appropriate checkbox at the bottom of this dialog.

If your previous TIFF files were saved with the Epson gray profile, then PS will honor it depending on how you have your Color Settings set up.
    Allan,
    Yes this is the first step in my workflow.
    Good that my old files won’t have a problem.