Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faulty Light Meter

Re: Faulty Light Meter

Quote Originally Posted by esearing View Post
    That is an incident meter not a spot meter - you are not metering off a gray card. You are metering the light at the subject with the lumisphere pointed to the camera.
    Check that the +/- stops offset is set to zero and not 2. Check the EV measure. Sunny 16 implies an EV of 15, maybe 14 or 16 depending where you live.
    I removed and changed the lumisphere to a viewfinder. This changes it from an incident into a Reflective light meter. The EV numbers were coming out at 3,4 or 5 at most

But incident and spot meters have different software algorithms. I was surprised that reviewers of the spot attachment aren't reporting more problems. There is a warranty if you bought it directly, maybe you got a faulty one or it is not compatible with your particular model.
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography

Sekonic have come back with answers - an optical portion is broken and the wire for switching measurement mode (Incident / Reflective) was also broken.

Cost is only ¥9500 about £65 so in the end not to bad and definitely worth the repair.

Thanks to all for all your help..

Quote Originally Posted by Borris63 View Post
    Sekonic have come back with answers - an optical portion is broken and the wire for switching measurement mode (Incident / Reflective) was also broken.

Cost is only ¥9500 about £65 so in the end not to bad and definitely worth the repair.
    I'm impressed by how fast Sekonic got back to you with its diagnosis and with the reasonable charge for the repair
    Arca-Swiss 8x10/4x5 | Mamiya 6x7 | Leica 35mm | Blackmagic Ultra HD Video
    Sound Devices audio recorder, Schoeps & DPA mikes
    Mac Studio/Eizo with Capture One, Final Cut, DaVinci Resolve, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    I'm impressed by how fast Sekonic got back to you with its diagnosis and with the reasonable charge for the repair
    I have only ever experienced high quality here, Japan so much different to UK for customer services.