Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Linhof Patentkopf III Da Luxe Professional Pan Head III 003695 - Needs a stem handle

sculptorBradP

Re: Linhof Patentkopf III Da Luxe Professional Pan Head III 003695 - Needs a stem han

I'm just getting back into large format camera, or essentially any camera apart from awful cell phone camera use or the very first version of a digital Cannon - way outdated. I had Linhof camera back in the 1980s / 1990s.... I'm a traditional sculptor of portrait bust and figure sculpture. Photography was always contrary as far as utilizing or as a reference in the process of making Classical sculpture. Though I always really liked some of the large format historic photography - as a separate unrelated format. But better photos are necessary of my sculpture - which prompted my getting back into large format - slowly gathering what I need, as well as a bit of an obsession with Linhof cameras.

Re: Linhof Patentkopf III Da Luxe Professional Pan Head III 003695 - Needs a stem han

My setup, a Linhof Kardan Master gtl 8x10 on a Linhof Deluxe Studio Stand SGS and Linhof Levelling Pan/Tilt Head 90. The original stand head and setup is also included.

sculptorBradP

Fantastic! I tried to purchase that Linhof stand model out of Germany at a LF shop, but they wouldn't sell and ship to the USA... I think the stand version had hidden casters under the legs on the one I viewed. The 8x10 Kardan GTL must be quite rare to find - a beautiful camera!

Quote Originally Posted by sculptorBradP View Post
    Fantastic! I tried to purchase that Linhof stand model out of Germany at a LF shop, but they wouldn't sell and ship to the USA... I think the stand version had hidden casters under the legs on the one I viewed. The 8x10 Kardan GTL must be quite rare to find - a beautiful camera!
    I too, also have a bit of a Linhof 'fetish'.
    The studio stand is amazing and I picked it up instead of a Cambo from a very considerate Pro.

The gtl has been a growing affair. Originally bought as a 4x5 and later I added an 8x10 tl back with bellows frames only no glass. Then I found and fitted ground glass, and had new bellows made.
    The levelling pan/tilt head, is a worthwhile addition as it's got a dedicated Kardan dovetail rail arrangement allowing locks and slides, no fiddling around.

The last stand I saw like that was FS in Canada

I passed

I see you have the height extensions

Me too, 3 usable on the Big Dolly

I know I just posted some of my loot, so excuse me

I love this giant and have 3

Linhof Pro assy by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

Mr Linhof by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

Linhof triple Kodak 405 Portrait by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

Big Boy Linhof 8X10 1 of 3 by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

web 1956 Linhof 8X10 by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

Linhof wire by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

Linhof Kardon 5X7 with Linhof tipod and dolly by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr
    Tin Can

They don't make 'em like this anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
    They don't make 'em like this anymore...
    That tripod and the studio stand are current Linhof products. But the dolly isn’t any more.

sculptorBradP

In good company here! I have an early Linhof prototype knuckle Kardan Color Triplex 8x10 extended length monorail and extended length new bellows and lens compendium bellows manufactured on the standards, the original bellows required as well for the pattern of the produced replacement - some Swiss technology?, along with some accessories - in a few days or weeks... Hopefully undamaged in shipping.... Another Linhof is arriving in a few days or weeks - Linhof Kardan Bi 5x7 with a Kardan reduction back and full ground Glass/film back 4x5 with a Rodenstock
    Apo Ronar 9/300. What arrived already for the Kardan Bi - a Linhof 4x5 " 3 1/2x4 11/16in Compendium Adjustable Sun Visor With Stem N1, and a Linhof 4x5 Ground Glass Viewer Folding Sun Shade / Hood. Will need a full Kardan 5x7 back to purchase later. The Kardan Bi seemed to make sense as a travel camera for public sculpture and where allowed in a museum. The Technika seemed a great idea as a travel camera but would still need a tripod for public sculpture, and museum photos... Probably permission would be declined in a museum equally on photos with a tripod whether a Kardan Bi or a 5x7 Technika? I made shots with a digital camera in the past for museum photos of sculptures without a tripod, which almost all were unusable photos.

Already here are a Linhof Kardan Color 8x10 Triplex with extended monorail and original extended length leather bellows with reduction clips in the leather bellows with the purchased plethora of accessories from 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 Technika rotating backs / 4x5 / 5x7 - same, etc... A number of different lenses - Schneider Super Angulon 165 F/8 MC with Copal 3 shutter, a number of lenses I would need to go through to recall specifics... A Linhof Kardan Master GTL 4x5 with normal bellows and wide angle bellows, special head, lenses, etc... restored from LaFlex Camera in California, A Linhof Anniversary Jubilee Kardan Color 4x5, with various Fujinon lenses, Linhof Super Rollex 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 back, Three Linhof Professional R Double Pipe Tripod 003323 with Crank Post Heavy Duty Pro 3 - one is early version with wood double leg struts, a number of different tripod heads - Linhof Deluxe Professional Pan Head III for Heavy Cine or Studio Camera, #4 - Linhof Kardan Panorama Neigekopf II Ø90mm pan tilt head 003609 type 2, # 1 -type 1 - another arriving, Linhof Model. 493 Heavy Duty Geared Dolly Tripod Grober Stativwagen DeLuxe, 16x20 Summitek Cascade Print Washer, an extra - Durst TRA 301 Trafo für CLS 301 Farbmischkopf & Laborator 138 138S G139, DURST 138 5x7 Enlarger W/CLS-301 Color Head and a plethora of accessories, Thomas Duplex sodium vapor safelight, pretty much all the film size options on inserts and lenses for the enlarger, including a custom 8x10 LED array head from Denmark to switch out the CLS 301... Many other items from a drive up to Chicago with a rental fifteen-seat Chevrolet - seats taken out beforehand - to Glennview Camera, Glenn Evans, and an Ebay merchant for local pickup only. Already had a Gossen Ultra Pro with a spot attachment ground glass Luna Probe, Gossen Enlarging Attachment for Luna Pro, Arkay S.S. 4x5 tanks, temp control devices... Still need another Linhof tripod, a few more tripod heads, more camera lenses, lighting / photo studio setup, and darkroom equipment, and learned practical experience to make more than a mess of the results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021-10-25 20.12.30 copy_Original ratio_1920x1748_U_280.jpg   Durst Laborodor s138 2 inch quarter inch x 3 inch quater inch To 5 inch X 7 inch Negative Large .jpg   Durst Laborodor s138 2 inch quarter inch x 3 inch quater inch To 5 inch X 7 inch Negative Large .jpg   Linhof Deluxe Geared Dolly Model 493 from 1958 IMG_0827.jpg   2021-10-25 21.04.55_Original ratio_1920x1945_U_280.jpg  

2021-10-25 21.08.14_Original ratio_1920x2560_U_280.jpg   Linhof Kardan Color Triplex 8×10.023_Original ratio_1920x1440_U_280.jpg   Linhof Kardan Master GTL and Linhof Universal Color Kardan Triplex withLinhof Tripod 20220411_17.jpg   Linhof Stands and cameras 2.jpg   Linhof Stands and cameras Linhof Jubilee 3.jpg  

Last edited by sculptorBradP; 31-Jul-2022 at 19:04.

That too, is what I'd call an awesome collection!
    Nice to know these vintage models and items are still being appreciated today. And are testimony to Linhof design, craftsmanship and materials.

sculptorBradP

Agree, The longevity and practical use are impressive. Running after digital advancements with quickly outdated technology that lacks the equivalent image quality, foreshortening/perspective/angle of view, etc... with the lens, bellows, film plane seems a bit ludicrous. Unless the costs of a temporary technological standard with the digital Linhof M679CS with the new Hasselblad V System or H System 400-megapixel, along with appropriate lenses seems affordable...