Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Linhof Patentkopf III Da Luxe Professional Pan Head III 003695 - Needs a stem handle

sculptorBradP

Linhof Patentkopf III Da Luxe Professional Pan Head III 003695 - Needs a stem handle

I have purchased an old Linhof Patentkopf III De Luxe Professional Pan Head III 003695 (Maybe 003614) or (003670) the sticker is very degraded. The tripod head needs a stem handle and insertion part to connect within the six-sided hole receptacle. Any suggestions? The double-sided toothed clamp disengages and tightens fully with the knob. The outer metal six-sided hole is a 7/16 inch or 1.11125 cm wall thickness of the metal that revolves around a solid piece of metal that has a matching six-sided hole through the opening completely through both sides. The opening measuring from parallel sides is 32/64 inch on the four parallel side widths - 1.27 cm, and 35/64 on the longer measurement two parallel side holes . The match-up of the inner and outer metal hole shift off-axis from each other until manipulating a line up of the six sided hole on both outer and inner. The tripod head weighs 3 1/2 to 4 pounds - 1.587573 kg to 1.814369 kg. The whole outer sideways measurement parameter straight line through the depth of the metal-toothed column is 1 inch 11/16 - .4.28625 cm. I have a Kardan Color Triplex 8x10 with an extra extended monorail and extended bellows probably around 1964 / 1965 model, as well as a prototype first edition with the turn knuckles of a second Linhof Kardan Color Triplex 8x10 with an extended long monorail and bellows arriving in a few weeks. Is this head sufficient for the weight of a Kardan Color Triplex extended monorail with larger lenses on a Linhof Professional R Doppel Rohr Stativ 003323 mit Kurbelsäule Heavy Duty Pro 3, or possibly sufficient to carry the weight of a Linhof Kardan Bi 5x7 with extended long monorail with larger lenses? - These are pretty weighty items, especially with larger lenses added. So this Linhof tripod head seemed a good match???., - Thanks - Brad Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Linhof Patentkopf III De Luxe Professional Pan Head III 003695 Maybe 003614.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	229570Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Linhof Patentkopf III Da Luxe Professional Pan Head III 003695 A.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	229538Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Linhof Patentkopf III Da Luxe Professional Pan Head III 003695 B.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	229539Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Linhof Patentkopf III Da Luxe Professional Pan Head III 003695 C.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	229540
    Last edited by sculptorBradP; 28-Jul-2022 at 12:39. Reason: better description of the question

Re: Linhof Patentkopf III Da Luxe Professional Pan Head III 003695 - Needs a stem han

Have you asked LInhof if they have the handle?

sculptorBradP

Re: Linhof Patentkopf III Da Luxe Professional Pan Head III 003695 - Needs a stem han

Hello Bob, Thank you for your suggestion. I think this might be from the period of the Linhof Kardan Color 5x7 & 8x10??? It's worth following up with Lnhof. My experience is that they do not have such old related stock and parts. LaFlex Camera - authorized restoration and vintage sales of Linhof might be knowledgeable as well on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by sculptorBradP View Post
    Hello Bob, Thank you for your suggestion. I think this might be from the period of the Linhof Kardan Color 5x7 & 8x10??? It's worth following up with Lnhof. My experience is that they do not have such old related stock and parts. LaFlex Camera - authorized restoration and vintage sales of Linhof might be knowledgeable as well on the head.
    That head was discontinued relatively recently. Well after the origianal Kardan cameras. The easy way to tell is that it has the latest catalog number on it. Way back when those old Kardan cameras were made they used an alphabetical catalog designation.
    Can’t guarantee it but the current Profi 3 pan head handle might fit.

sculptorBradP

Terrific!, I will follow up on your educated view... Thank you!

sculptorBradP

On the degraded sticker, below the item/model number are two words - two lines - the first line word ends with (ielst), probably not that helpful. A flashlight 30% across the sticker surface reveals raised numbers and letters less visible in the attached above photo. I wrote off to Linhof earlier, though photo attachments didn't seem to be an option....

I have that movie head

No way

I will be back tomorrow
    Tin Can

You are missing only the handle, which is about 20" long

You could easily make one

It is always in the way, so your handle was lost

It WILL NOT carry the weight of any Linhof 1950's Studio 8X10 or 5X7

Most likely made to use with BOLEX, mine has a QR plate

This was made for tilt and rotation, I have 3, none for sale, the one pictured is also missing a part
    Linhof Tilt 90mm by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr
    Tin Can

sculptorBradP

Thank you for your information!, Tin Can. I have four of the Linhof Panorama tilt head II Ø90mm type 2, - and one, soon two of the Linhof tilt head I Ø90mm head type 1. Collecting the tripods and heads is a slow process. I hadn't seen the head on this post before, and since it looked rather substantial I thought it might work with the heavier 1950s Linhof Kardan Color Triplex 8x10.... Best not to find out after the setup collapses onto the floor with a test run, - you saved a potential stupid endeavor.

sculptorBradP

I have a Linhof Kardan Master GTL 4X5, that possibly would be a match with this head, or my Linhof Kardan Bi System 5x7 extended monorail - maybe might be pushing the weight issue on this camera?