Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Wales, UK

Re: Hi from Wales, UK

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    Welcome!
    Thanks !

Welcome!

My son is heading to Wales for a year for grad school in September. I might find a way to visit him. It will be an interesting first trip that far east.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Drew Wiley

It sounds like such a beautiful part of the world. But given the fact I too set up and compose so slowly and methodically, it gives me hope that Wales might come to me instead - through continental drift! Hope you have many happy view camera ventures yourself in upcoming days.

Welcome
    Tin Can

Scott Davis

Welcome to the site! My ancestors came from the Swansea area (little town called Cwmllynfell) in the 19th century, and settled in the coal mining areas of Pennsylvania. One branch of the family kept the original name spelling (Davies) while the other switched to Davis, on the reason that Davies sounded "too foreign" and it might hurt the business - the great irony was that both sides of the name split were in the pharmacy business / medical practice, and both were equally successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Welcome!

My son is heading to Wales for a year for grad school in September. I might find a way to visit him. It will be an interesting first trip that far east.
    That's great, I'd highly recommend a visit, plan for rain whatever time of year it is and you won't go far wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    It sounds like such a beautiful part of the world. But given the fact I too set up and compose so slowly and methodically, it gives me hope that Wales might come to me instead - through continental drift! Hope you have many happy view camera ventures yourself in upcoming days.
    It would certainly make travel a bit easier

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Davis View Post
    Welcome to the site! My ancestors came from the Swansea area (little town called Cwmllynfell) in the 19th century, and settled in the coal mining areas of Pennsylvania. One branch of the family kept the original name spelling (Davies) while the other switched to Davis, on the reason that Davies sounded "too foreign" and it might hurt the business - the great irony was that both sides of the name split were in the pharmacy business / medical practice, and both were equally successful.
    That's interesting. I know that area quite well myself, not too far from what they call 'Waterfall Country' these days. Great place for photos.

Hello and welcome!

Nice to see you here.

Quote Originally Posted by DraigGoch View Post
    That's great, I'd highly recommend a visit, plan for rain whatever time of year it is and you won't go far wrong
    My son grew up in the rain and has been working the last two years in the heat -- he is looking forward to it!
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China