Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DeVere 504 questions

Re: DeVere 504 questions

*Sigh* I wish I knew what I was doing. All the lights illuminate in the analyzer and the panels in the head illuminate. The bulb inside the head gets hot but no light and the fan turns on.

make sure the mixing box is oriented corrected and I personally, I wouldn't power up the head unless it was, again, oriented properly (ie- not on its side or back, but with dials facing forward).

I would also, as suggested, skip the analyzer altogether as it would have no use for b/w printing afaik. there are two switches on the Transtab and on my enlarger, flipping gives me glorious light. can check later.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

I removed the mixing box and oriented the head facing forward and couldn't see any light.
    I read that I could be needing the analyzer/timer in order to turn on the light. I have a good setup for b/w already and wanted the DeVere for color. Flipping the switches turn the fan on but nothing else :/

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel.E View Post
    I read that I could be needing the analyzer/timer in order to turn on the light.
    Plug the head into the transtab. Take the square black Bulgin plug that runs to the analyser off that cable. Set it up as a shorting plug as per the manual, plug into transtab. Now the transtab will switch the main light with the 'focus' switch. You'll need a metronome for timing. Make sure that it's an ELC lamp in the socket

It worked!!! The light came on, thank you!! I read that in the manual but didn't think about just removing the plug from the cable.

The only issue is that the power supply makes a buzzing sound and there's a bit of a smell there.

Wonderful! I just got it. This is what comes with it. I plugged the Colour 500 to the power source and the analyzer lights turn on but there's a loud sound on the power source and a smell the head doesn't light up though and if I unplug the analyzer then the power source doesn't make the sound and still the head doesn't turn on.

Any ideas about that buzzing sound and smell?

Thank you!
    Is there a cooling fan that's not turning? Go slow, that sure is pretty. I have Zone VI and Beseler stuff, all works well. Still I would find room for a Devere!

the Transtab will always hum, it's not going to be a silent printing session haha. smell could be dust burning off ?
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Oh good!! Then it’s normal. I’ll open up the transtab and give it a good clean. Thank you everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    Is there a cooling fan that's not turning? Go slow, that sure is pretty. I have Zone VI and Beseler stuff, all works well. Still I would find room for a Devere!
    The fan is turning and rather quiet, no real issues with the color head, except for some dust. The main problem is the Transtab, but that it might be me that I'm not used to such a loud power source

The fan is turning and rather quiet, no real issues with the color head, except for some dust. The main problem is the Transtab, but that it might be me that I'm not used to such a loud power source
    The De Vere dichroic head fans are usually very noticeable volume-wise unless they've been replaced.