Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are we here?

multiplex

Re: Why are we here?

habit, and its been a nice place to visit for IDK 20+ years ..
    Last edited by jnantz; 18-Jun-2022 at 18:04.

I enjoy reading through older posts from members long gone(RIP), still here, or now, many whom are no longer active. Some of my best life memories thus far are with people whom I have connected with through this forum, and APUG. Photography has led me through some interesting twists and turns, and the knowledge shared here, to me, is indicative of not just the time spent writing what they have, but the time spent learning that shared information. Sometimes decades, condensed into a few short sentences or paragraphs.

Knowledge is power, but like electricity, it is only useful if transferred from one body to another.

(Shrek)

I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally believe I'm here because many years ago, my parents had sex. As for why I'm on this forum, it helped me transition from a decent tiny format wildlife photographer into a mediocre large format performance artist and lens collector.

I'm here 'cuz I remember starting out too long ago, and not knowing where to go and where it could take me... I found some mentors that really helped get the ball rolling for me... Often, there is some vexing question blocking you from going forward, so important to get past that obstacle...

I have lived a charmed and also cursed life trying to keep moving towards being able to communicate using this medium... I have been handed too many problems to solve to produce and deliver pro work, and not "paid" for most of the sweat and brain-busting needed on the spot then before proceeding usually alone...

Sharing actual experience has been cartahic by not letting those used-up brain cells go to waste, and gives me a chance to review things that are becoming forgotten, and gives me meaning and perspective of long time problem solving... And it helps keep my writing abilities active, and articulate complex ideas more simply...

And it feels good to help others!!!

Steve K

Gives me something to do.

As my own final event-horizon comes ever closer...I feel more and more like sharing as much as possible in the hopes that others can find this to be of some use to their own journeys. I also like to commiserate and have a bit of fun, and to enjoy the ride!

To see how weird the way I think is.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

I needed an intense hobby to keep me alive

It's working!
    Tin Can

Nicholas O. Lindan

Why are we here?

Driven by the laws of thermodynamics, our purpose is to make garbage and waste energy.

The more garbage we make and energy we waste the wider the grin on God's face.
    Darkroom Automation / Cleveland Engineering Design, LLC
    f-Stop Timers & Enlarging meters http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Wingnut/GearJammer/IBEWRetired Racer X 69's Avatar

Why not?
    Whiskey Is Sunlight Held Together By Water