Thread: Hello from Far Quebec

Hello from Far Quebec

Greetings...my name Ivana, I was happy to say finally hello. I living in Quebec north, me and my husband visit and came to volunteer to monastery near by us. Very interesting to see.
    We have some pretty bad internet most time. But I read this place and also forum Photrio sometime.
    I like Pentacon 6 was used in my younger times and I hope to find one again. We got , not room for real photography.
    So far, happy to participate what from I can learn and maybe get back a Pentacon in these days, but I love the large formats.
    For now I shoot with digicam Sony much easier for me, and for this I don't need no internet.
    Right now it makes photo of my husband and me, and when we go to see our daughter also her. Also we have small boat and we go there a lot.
    Sorry for my english, I practice but not always. Maybe French sometime better. Thanks to have me.

Re: Hello from Far Quebec

Maybe you are serious

We are

Welcome!
    Tin Can

Welcome. My wife and I lived in Montreal from 1968 to 1978. It was in Montreal that I realised my dream of owning a large format camera, an ancient Linhof 4x5. We visited that jewel of a city, Quebec, several times. I worked at the Royal Bank and they gave us French lessons in the late 1970's. Our first child was born in the Royal Vic hospital.

Welcome to LFPF Ivana, you'll find a very accommodating and helpful community here.

When you say northern Quebec, are we talking north like Ungava or James Bay kind of north ?
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Welcome. Your English is fine. Post often.

Welcome, bienvenue!

When you say that you don't have room for real photography, I guess you mean a darkroom. However, You can develop film at a kitchen or bathroom sink (plenty of forum members do and many more have in the past, including your's truly). You just need to load it into a daylight tank in complete darkness, and you can use a changing bag or make one of these:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAXAavTAMbk

There are many daylight tank options for different formats. For 4x5, one popular one is made by the same person in the video linked above. It allows developing from one to four sheets with just 16 oz. of solution.
    https://shop.stearmanpress.com/colle...cessing-system

Others here may be able to suggest a community darkroom you could use for printing, but please be extra safe regarding Covid; many are careless.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Les

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana Tinkl View Post
    Greetings...my name Ivana, I was happy to say finally hello. I living in Quebec north, me and my husband visit and came to volunteer to monastery near by us. Very interesting to see.
    We have some pretty bad internet most time. But I read this place and also forum Photrio sometime.
    I like Pentacon 6 was used in my younger times and I hope to find one again. We got , not room for real photography.
    So far, happy to participate what from I can learn and maybe get back a Pentacon in these days, but I love the large formats.
    For now I shoot with digicam Sony much easier for me, and for this I don't need no internet.
    Right now it makes photo of my husband and me, and when we go to see our daughter also her. Also we have small boat and we go there a lot.
    Sorry for my english, I practice but not always. Maybe French sometime better. Thanks to have me.
    Welcome to LF forum. Slipped through your province last year and mostly stayed close to the river and via Q. City. Really enjoyed the new/old architecture there....some of it quite playful.
    Les

On occasion I noticed there is real life outside the GG/viewfinder.

Thanks for kind welcomes.
    Mr Tincan, no, we not too serious, my husband pretty funny guy.we also admirers of the people what can make art.
    Mr linho biker, we muss try to see one day Montreal, maybe at daytime. When we arrive was at night and we drive first to Quebec away quick.
    je.simmons, thanks to you.
    Ulphot, we have no place here for darkroom, not personal works of much, just helping in our day work.
    FredL, we are some hours north of Tadoussac Quebec in helpers at Buddhist temple.
    Leszek Vogt, thank you. Quebec really beautiful place where we are, wild and natural not like I know before this.
    You all very kind.
    I'm not real French speaking, but I learned in Europe a little, what help me now.
    My husband and me we are from south Europe, now staying in Canada for some times, then maybe we try some where again.
    What I have for free time and sometime internet, I read and admire many fotos made on the large format, but we gonna have not lot of time what to make personal things here.
    Thank you

Welcome. Quebec is a lovely province!

(Shrek)

Welcome indeed. The drive north of Tadoussac is one of the most beautiful in the Province, and that's saying a lot. Great place for photography.