Thread: Film Holder for a 12x20 Korona Banquet Camera

Film Holder for a 12x20 Korona Banquet Camera

Hello,

I have the opportunity to purchase some 12x20 film holders for my 12x20 Korona Banquet Camera. The owner told me the film holders were made for a Folmer Schwind Camera, buet there is no brand on the film holders, i don't know if they can work for my camera! I am not sure the "T" distance is the same?

Re: Film Holder for a 12x20 Korona Banquet Camera

Alec,

Might want to check the light trap design.

I heard the Folmer place the ridge on the camera and the groove on the holder.

Could be wrong, but might want to check.

Len

I have a 12x20 folmer-schwing camera, the film holder has a grove/slot on the end where the dark slide is pulled out. The other 12x20 camera film holders like yours have a ridge that matches the grove on the rear camera standard. The T distance varies slightly among all 12x20 cameras. My camera has a T distance of 9mm. You can measure yours. You may be able to use the folmer-schwing holder for your camera, but there is a risk of light leak. The septum of older film holders is more or less curved, buy newer film holders and make sure the septum is flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Hello,

I have the opportunity to purchase some 12x20 film holders for my 12x20 Korona Banquet Camera. The owner told me the film holders were made for a Folmer Schwind Camera, buet there is no brand on the film holders, i don't know if they can work for my camera! I am not sure the "T" distance is the same?
    I doubtseriouslyif they will work. I know the FS holders for my friends 7x17 will not work in my Korona. They have nor ridge for the light trap.

Why not contact Richard Ritter

Maybe they can be modified

I think the T notches are reversed
    Tin Can

Yes, the notches are reversed. I believe that the original F&S holders (I have two that are surplus) have the slots for receiving the holder cut into the holder itself rather than a raised groove on the holder.