Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Help me with Paint

  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: Help me with Paint

    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    After the revolution, perhaps

    However candle soot may contain wax, closing the hole

    Dried leaves…from last season
    Perhaps, but it seems to me that spray paint poses a greater risk of filling in the hole. I guess you'll find out!

  2. #12
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    19,172

    Re: Help me with Paint

    Who said spray paint

    The magic hole comes last and will be replicable with
    Tin Can

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2

    Re: Help me with Paint

    Instead of chest corners, perhaps what you're after are the corners for road cases, which are definitely heavy duty.
    There are plenty of DIY road case suppliers on the interwebs (and maybe even one close to you).

  4. #14
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    19,172

    Re: Help me with Paint

    Thanks for the correct terminology, a quick search did show them

    https://www.diyroadcasesstore.com/ca...s/corners.html

    I have a few custom road cases, several very heavy

    Your key words really helped!


    Quote Originally Posted by stevea View Post
    Instead of chest corners, perhaps what you're after are the corners for road cases, which are definitely heavy duty.
    There are plenty of DIY road case suppliers on the interwebs (and maybe even one close to you).
    Tin Can

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: Help me with Paint

    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Who said spray paint

    The magic hole comes last and will be replicable with
    Sorry, I misread your original post. Just ignore me ;-)

  6. #16
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    19,172

    Re: Help me with Paint

    Paul

    I never ignore you!
    Tin Can

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    583

    Re: Help me with Paint

    krylon ultra flat black

    black 3.0

    and by the gallon
    https://pittsburghpaintsandstains.co...at-black-paint

  8. #18
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    19,172

    Re: Help me with Paint

    Thanks Ron

    It will be an affordable product

    Roller and brush


    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ron View Post
    krylon ultra flat black

    black 3.0

    and by the gallon
    https://pittsburghpaintsandstains.co...at-black-paint
    Tin Can

  9. #19
    BIATHLONEIL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lunenburg
    Posts
    8

    Re: Help me with Paint

    MR. Can: Take the time to prime your wood first. Priming will support better adhesion and a lack of flashing ( shinny spots). Who ever or where ever you choose to buy your topcoat from, ask for the recommended primer for the substrate you plan to coat, which in your case is sanded plywood. Good luck and a good paint store is a worthy resource to tap into. Cheers, -Neil ps. Buy a dark grey primer. The paint shop can tint it for you.
    "A closed book teaches no one".

    -Neil the Wheel

  10. #20
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    19,172

    Re: Help me with Paint

    Quote Originally Posted by BIATHLONEIL View Post
    MR. Can: Take the time to prime your wood first. Priming will support better adhesion and a lack of flashing ( shinny spots). Who ever or where ever you choose to buy your topcoat from, ask for the recommended primer for the substrate you plan to coat, which in your case is sanded plywood. Good luck and a good paint store is a worthy resource to tap into. Cheers, -Neil ps. Buy a dark grey primer. The paint shop can tint it for you.
    Advice taken

    Thank you
    Tin Can

Similar Threads

  1. Remove paint from lens outside
    By kinglang in forum LF DIY (Do It Yourself)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-Mar-2022, 16:41
  2. source for day-glo paint?
    By Mark Sampson in forum Darkroom: Equipment
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 15-Jul-2018, 08:56
  3. Watching paint dry
    By Bill_1856 in forum Digital Hardware
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31-Mar-2011, 20:05
  4. Gray Paint
    By Peter De Smidt in forum Digital Processing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 19-Oct-2010, 12:38
  5. Matt black paint
    By Ron Marshall in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 19-May-2008, 15:40

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •