Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Graphic Batteries in '22

Super Graphic Batteries in '22

Hi folks,
    Was curious to pick up some 22.5v batteries for a super graphic and am curious if something like this will work:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/22416370452...0AAOSw86Jaems1

I'm trying not to fry my camera

Thanks!

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: Super Graphic Batteries in '22

That, and the other like it, appear to meet the interchangeability spec. There really aren’t sensitive electronics to fry; it’s a rather basic electrical circuit. I’m always more worried about that the capacitor may have gone bad.

Let’s us know how this solution works out for you. I retired my SuperGraphic quite a few years ago when the battery became really difficult to find. I always like shooting with the electronic solenoid release.

I guess the only way to know is to buy a couple and see if they will fit inside the camera. I don’t see any problem electrically.

A couple of 9V batteries might fit in the battery compartment wired series for 18V, or just for solenoid, the single 9V should power it...

On flashholders, 3 1.5 V cells would power solenoid + power bulb, but higher current/capacity with multi larger batteries... But the 9V might just work OK, but just need to be replaced more often...

Steve K

Those eBay batteries look like they will work, and only $12 for a pair. Just a few weeks ago I had to replace the batteries in my Super Graphic an d didn’t see these listed- I paid about $25 each. Ouch!

I buy the white ones, they are stacked cells

They work well in my flashbulb devices

Does a SG have a hidden capacitor?
    Tin Can

Yes, the Super Graphics and Super Speeds have capacitors and resistors in the upper area of the camera.

Good to know and replace

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by j.e.simmons View Post
    Yes, the Super Graphics and Super Speeds have capacitors and resistors in the upper area of the camera.
    Tin Can

RoboRepublic - The batteries you linked to will probably not fit. They are slightly too large and the battery compartment of the Super Graphic does not have enough space tolerance to fit. The expensive white ones for sale mentioned by Tin Can are stacked 1.5v button cells shrink wrapped and soldered in series. They are expensive - probably because they appear to have to be assembled by hand.

I am working on a battery tray that would take a couple of garage door opener batteries and a diode to get the voltage to 22.5 volts - I'll let you know how it goes.

Even at $25 each I was glad I could even buy a pretty exact replica of the original batteries. Doug, please do let us know how your project works out. I like the solenoid release a lot.