Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Lenses for 14 X 36"?

Re: Any Lenses for 14 X 36"?

There was a Fujinon A 1200mm f24 on EBAY a while ago for $10,000. I don't know if it sold, but a 600mm C f11.5 just sold for $5,000.

Hmm. Its been a while since anyone asked where to find a 2500/12.5 Apo-Saphir.

For a convenient pinhole for this large format, you get to use a larger pinhole... Suggesting to take an old, cheap D mount movie lens and remove the glass elements... Then mount barrel on lensboard and use it as a adjustable pinhole...Wide open should at least show a blurry image, but will allow you to frame subject TTL... Then stop down to pinhole size for exposure...

For D mount lens, choose a short FL so barrel is smaller and will allow max IC on film...

Have fun!!!

Steve K

Thanks Steve!

Good idea, I have 8mm, 16mm and video movie lenses

I also need to get my box of hardened round steel rule dies

I used them often at the factory

Many sizes

Another thought is testing inside my 40' of shed blackout, using an Elwood horizontally for light

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    For a convenient pinhole for this large format, you get to use a larger pinhole... Suggesting to take an old, cheap D mount movie lens and remove the glass elements... Then mount barrel on lensboard and use it as a adjustable pinhole...Wide open should at least show a blurry image, but will allow you to frame subject TTL... Then stop down to pinhole size for exposure...

For D mount lens, choose a short FL so barrel is smaller and will allow max IC on film...

Have fun!!!

Steve K
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by xkaes View Post
    There was a Fujinon A 1200mm f24 on EBAY a while ago for $10,000. I don't know if it sold, but a 600mm C f11.5 just sold for $5,000.
    I passed up on acquiring a NOS 1200mm FUJINON-A a few years ago for just a few K... looks like that may have been a mistake.

Consider a 600mm f/11.5 S KangRinpoche. Got mine off an eBay seller from Japan or Korea, forget which. Seller rated it "93% EXC Very good condition with some signs of use". Received and it was in mint condition and like new in its original box with IB. On my 11x14 and I have yet to run out of coverage even with a very generous front rise. I believe that it cost me under 2K a few years ago.

Thanks Greg!

My biggest IC

Optic: 153 mm diameter x 790 mm focal length custom ground optical glass lens, meniscus type.

• Bellows draw @infinity focus: 790 mm (31")

• Image circle at Infinity: about 1425 mm (56")

• Image circle at 3m (10’): >1830 mm (72”)

• Weight: 690g, (25 oz.)
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I passed up on acquiring a NOS 1200mm FUJINON-A a few years ago for just a few K... looks like that may have been a mistake.

Consider a 600mm f/11.5 S KangRinpoche. Got mine off an eBay seller from Japan or Korea, forget which. Seller rated it "93% EXC Very good condition with some signs of use". Received and it was in mint condition and like new in its original box with IB. On my 11x14 and I have yet to run out of coverage even with a very generous front rise. I believe that it cost me under 2K a few years ago.
    I tested the 600mm f/11.5 S KangRinpoche a few years ago, in my shutter

I highly respect their products

However I also went only to 11X14
    Tin Can

I made a Camera Obscura for my wife's volunteer art class at the local elementary school. I used an old Jeagers telescope objective, not a true APO, that demonstrated what could have inspired painters before the photo age. The lens obviously had no stops and was a doublet. But with such a lens of say FL of more than 1000mm stopped down to pinhole range be worth considering.

Yes, there are always inexpensive telescopes on EBAY, and frequently at thrift stores -- for next to nothing.

That would mean leaving my Fort

I never do that

I want PINHOLE as it won't need a lens

The big SF lenses I have are for comparison

Basically I love Pictorialism in America

I also like Pinhole focus as none is needed!

I will be able to photograph blind

not blind yet...

Be Pre Prepared and Pre Vision or is that Post Focus

I am happiest tilting at windmills

Too Late for Perfection

Tin Can