Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LIttman Camera, still being sold ?

Re: LIttman Camera, still being sold ?

It was an interesting idea.. but the pool of available Polaroid cameras, never large, is ever-shrinking.
    And the actual market was equally small... those who liked an intriguing idea, and those who want to shoot hand-held 4x5.
    Most of those folks, whoever they are (are they here?), have likely gone back to Graphics, Busch Pressmans, and Technikas.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Since we are talking about Polaroid conversions, I'll mention that Steven with "Alpenhaus" died last year, so he's obviously not providing those anymore.

I don't use it a lot but it's fun to have my Alpenhaus conversion with 135mm f/3.5 lens when I do want to shoot handheld. I wonder how many of these conversions come up for sale used?
    Oh no, really terrible to hear of that. I have an Alpenhaus conversion (Polaroid 900), who later Dean in Australia(whom also passed away) help to make it even more functional with 150 style front focusing knob. It's a great set up for it's intended purpose. I walked around and shot with it in Cuba and certainly beats most other established forms of handheld 45's. My walk-around set up was camera plus three Grafmatic's, giving me a total of 18 shots, all super light and compact in a messenger style shoulder bag.

Nice setup. I wish I had that mod, the focus wheel on the 900 definitely sucks. I also wanted to get my camera upgraded at some point with fresh bellows and a paint job (long story about that not happening to begin with...).

I'll have to think about the 900 on my trip...
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

When I first saw a Littman, I thought the idea of it was great, but too expensive. I instead bought a Dean Jones Razzle 900 in 2012. Mine has a 150mm Sironar N. The extra focusing knob is wonderful.
    It is a quirky camera but I love the results. Mine can shoot regular film holders or Grafmatics.

Quote Originally Posted by cuypers1807 View Post
    When I first saw a Littman, I thought the idea of it was great, but too expensive. I instead bought a Dean Jones Razzle 900 in 2012. Mine has a 150mm Sironar N. The extra focusing knob is wonderful.
    It is a quirky camera but I love the results. Mine can shoot regular film holders or Grafmatics.
    That is sweet! I have one of Dean's 150 conversion as well, it uses the regular film holder only and not the Grafmatic(for a slicker design back according to Dean), while the 150 had that nice focusing knob but it doesn't focus as close as the 900. That was the ultimate decision to pick up an Alpenhaus as well and have Dean convert the focusing mech to allow the knob instead of that smallish focusing wheel.

Out of all the Polaroid I have used, Chamonix Saber is the lightest (adopting from the P250) but given it's no longer housed in its original protective case, I feel it's a bit naked and fragile. The 900 conversion is a bit heavier but it's like a tank and much better overall balance I think.