Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: A Pinhole is a Lens

  1. #1
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,943

    A Pinhole is a Lens

    I just got NOS $7 delivered Pinhole book

    Filled with tips and examples including LF and ULF

    Pinhole Photography
    Second Edition

    Rediscovering a Historical Technique

    Eric Renner 1999

    He is still at it!

    https://pinholeresource.com/
    Tin Can

  2. #2
    darr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,997

    Re: A Pinhole is a Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I just got NOS $7 delivered Pinhole book

    Filled with tips and examples including LF and ULF

    Pinhole Photography
    Second Edition

    Rediscovering a Historical Technique

    Eric Renner 1999

    He is still at it!

    https://pinholeresource.com/
    Thanks for this Randy!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: A Pinhole is a Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I just got NOS $7 delivered Pinhole book

    Filled with tips and examples including LF and ULF

    Pinhole Photography
    Second Edition

    Rediscovering a Historical Technique

    Eric Renner 1999

    He is still at it!

    https://pinholeresource.com/
    Didn't Renner die in 2020?

  4. #4
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,943

    Re: A Pinhole is a Lens

    If you knew why not post that?

    https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries...ary?id=8920613

    Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    Didn't Renner die in 2020?
    Tin Can

  5. #5
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,943

    Re: A Pinhole is a Lens

    Well, I am sad he has passed, such a joyous soul as gleaned from his book

    Rest in Peace, Eric Renner

    Your book is inspirational!
    Tin Can

  6. #6
    Tracy Storer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Oakland CA
    Posts
    981

    Re: A Pinhole is a Lens

    I met Eric Renner in the 1990s, The Pinhole Journal he published for many years with his wife Nancy Spencer and the Pinhole book are pretty wonderful.
    Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com

  7. #7
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,943

    Re: A Pinhole is a Lens

    The book is very useful and shows image variations we never see on this forum





    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Storer View Post
    I met Eric Renner in the 1990s, The Pinhole Journal he published for many years with his wife Nancy Spencer and the Pinhole book are pretty wonderful.
    Tin Can

  8. #8
    Eric Woodbury
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,567

    Re: A Pinhole is a Lens

    A pinhole is not a lens optically, physically, nor mathematically. A completely different beast that fools you to call it a lens.

  9. #9
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,943

    Re: A Pinhole is a Lens

    OK a Pinhole 'acts' as lens, but is only an aperture

    However, we now know light bends without a lens
    Tin Can

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Bellingham, WA (displaced Canadian)
    Posts
    477

    Re: A Pinhole is a Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Woodbury View Post
    A pinhole is not a lens optically, physically, nor mathematically. A completely different beast that fools you to call it a lens.
    It's a metaphor.

Similar Threads

  1. Swapping the pinhole with a lens
    By Laci Toth in forum LF DIY (Do It Yourself)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 22-Feb-2020, 01:40
  2. Pinhole vs lens
    By Mealha in forum Image Sharing (LF) & Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-Jun-2012, 08:11

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •