Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: float frames for alt prints?

Re: float frames for alt prints?

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    only levels of mitigation.
    Good to see the Georgia Mafia out today... Thanks for the input--as with Eric, I'd like to see some pictures of that project at some point. Otherwise, I definitely see the "archival" issue as a continuum--those of y'all who are making cash money (or else or sitting on your version of Moonrise, Hernandez) have at the very least market forces to consider in a way I do not. (No, no...it's true.) I'll take reasonably priced and marginally tasteful any day of the week in this age of diminished expectations.

Here ya go ...

Print is trimmed to 11.5x15.5 - foam core is 1/8 inch less all the way around, frame is 16x20 so a little over 2 inches all the way around. the depth from glass to print is about 1/4 inch from what I can tell. Note this iphone shot is out of focus the print is much sharper.

funny story - I was admiring a shot by another photographer in North GA and noticed his image was similar but something was different. I read his caption and realized it was the same place. I pulled up my iphone shot and it nearly matched his shot but knew the one at home was still different. I got home and compared the two shots and realized I printed it backwards. I actually like the way the image reads better in this print.

Here is a link to his shot. https://www.landscapesbyjack.com/Pho...te/i-W7Bs4WS/A
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography

Eric, I was up in Blue Ridge recently and I saw a print in a gallery of Helton Creek falls. Iconic, of course, but it was mirrored left-right! Very jarring, as I know that waterfall well.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by esearing View Post
    I actually like the way the image reads better in this print.
    Ha, great story--I'm not sure if I'm sensitive to the rotated scene, but I do think the illuminated tree trunks at the top of the frame takes yours out of the realm of the ordinary.

Otherwise, thanks so much for the pic--certainly a classy way to present a silver print...the architectural symmetry really adds a (literally) different dimension to the emotional valence of the image itself.

I also see all the "spirits" in this image. Left side Asian man in traditional robes with fu-manchu , Left middle grey Shark coming out of white water, Middle right - black bird sticking its face out of the falls. There are other tones that have faces and a pair of eyes look at you from within the water. Or my eyesight is getting worse and my brain just makes this stuff up.
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography