Thread: Fujimoto Repair Thread

Fujimoto Repair Thread

Hey all,

Was hoping to start an updated Fujitmoto repair thread. If anyone has any recs // info on repairing their units let me know!

Finally got ours going today (cp31/wd) and tank 1 started overheating after about an hour of being on. LED screen is faint and suddenly unresponsive. Going to bring the control board to hopefully switch out battery and check all connections.

Is there anyone left to contact in regards for repairs anymore?

Thanks so much!

Re: Fujimoto Repair Thread

Brought it to Hi-Tech. https://www.newhitech.net/

Repaired the control board (replaced 8x capacitors, battery, and re-soldered any broken connections) and our processor is back to normal. They were super helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by x.rasenas View Post
    Brought it to Hi-Tech. https://www.newhitech.net/

Repaired the control board (replaced 8x capacitors, battery, and re-soldered any broken connections) and our processor is back to normal. They were super helpful.
    Did you send them the entire unit or just the control board?

Just the board. It was a bit of a gamble as the repair techs obviously could not guarantee if would fix the machine not having the entire unit. Also not sure how realistic it would be bringing the entire unit there and explaining how to test it. The electronics on the boards dont last forever it seems like it solved many of the issues we were having (temperature control and led screen)

Capacitors, particularly electrolytic, are usually suspect in older electronics.

I've done a DIY swap of all the caps and the battery on the board for one of these before. it also cured the issues it had as well. The battery is usually part of the problem, definitely worth changing that in addition to caps. I have some of the manuals and service info available here: http://edsawyer.com/lens/cp31/

It doesn't cover board-level repairs but is useful info nonetheless.

I think the cost for all the caps and the battery were something like $20 or less from digikey/mouser/etc.