Thread: sinar parts

sinar parts

is there a source for Sinar replacement parts in the US? (i.e. for recent cameras like the P2) Or is factory support gone?

Re: sinar parts

Ask Leica, they own Sinar.

Drew Wiley

Last I spoke with them, Precision Camera Works, now here on the West Coast in Fairfield CA, had quite an inventory of Sinar parts on hand. But that was pre-pandemic, so you'd want to call them. Often it is fairly affordable these days to simply buy a used Sinar rig and cannibalize it for parts if needed. Depends on the specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    Last I spoke with them, Precision Camera Works, now here on the West Coast in Fairfield CA, had quite an inventory of Sinar parts on hand. But that was pre-pandemic, so you'd want to call them. Often it is fairly affordable these days to simply buy a used Sinar rig and cannibalize it for parts if needed. Depends on the specifics.
    Moved to Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drew Wiley

Wow. I couldn't get their website open today. But the evening news did show a bear wandering around back yards in Fairfield, a shopping center sorta burb in Wine Country north of here. That started happening during the drought and fires. The bear wandered off on its own, no need for Fish n Game to tranquilize it. I don't know if it was looking for the camera repair shop too or not. To the best of my knowledge, bears have been requesting bigger levers on their Sinar cameras because their paws have problems with smaller knobs. They also prefer peanut butter and jelly as a gear lubricant.

well, the doodad I need isn't easy to find on a used machine. I recently picked up a P2 5x7, because I wanted to try some of the newer design features like the asymetric tilts. But the camera has the 4x5 DoF scale on the focusing ring, and I wanted to see if I could find the 5x7 scale. Its not a huge deal, but I'd like tor try that out--I've always stopped down and tried to use a loupe on the glass, but that's not that functional.

I'll give PCW a call. I was hoping that since the P2 was only discontinued recently, that parts might still be available.

(I also need to find a rear carrier from a Norma, but I expect that will require buying a clunker.)

Northwest camera says it repairs Sinar
    https://northwestcamera.com/sinar-repair/

Apogeebee on Ebay repairs P Standards. He has repaired numerous broken Norma Shutters for me and he is very quick turnaround. Ask about your part, he is a good guy to know

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11399763517...wAAMXQVgBRGtPr
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Another happy eBay Apogeebee customer here. George repaired broken teeth on the vertical rise (front format carrier) in days.