Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many color-based folks are still out there

Re: How many color-based folks are still out there

DIGI only

BW is wet
    Tin Can

I started LF only two years ago. Still learning, and I'm having a hard time composing with the GG image on its head. But in addition to b/w I'm using colour negative and chromes in 4x5, as I do in 35mm and 6x6.

I also do RA4 prints on Fuji CA DPII from all my film formats.

I did some color work today. Printed Fuji Crystal Archive from 6x7 negatives. I was very happy with the results. I mix my own chemicals the day I process. I think it might be easier and cheaper than B&W. Using a Souse Vide for temperature control makes for very consistent results. I don’t have a color enlarger for large format so I only do 120 and smaller.
    ...Dilettante! Who you calling a Dilettante?

Shoot BW and Color film depending on mood and subject. Recently took a trip to the western US, shot a lot of BW 120, and a little bit of 35mm E6, and 120 C41, and a ton of digital. Couldn't fit the large format on this trip. Don't have a darkroom setup at home but do have computers and scanners.

Prof

Quote Originally Posted by lantau View Post
    I started LF only two years ago. Still learning, and I'm having a hard time composing with the GG image on its head. But in addition to b/w I'm using colour negative and chromes in 4x5, as I do in 35mm and 6x6.

I also do RA4 prints on Fuji CA DPII from all my film formats.
    I started 4x5 two years ago too and don;t like the upside-down view either. So I preview the scene with my micro 4/3 digital camera, It;s zoom lens also helps me select which lens I need for the 4x5. I switch the digital camera to BW so I can preview BW when shooting that film. The camera also helps me check exposure settings and records exposure notes using video mode for transcription when I get home.

I also have an eye-level viewfinder that attaches to the ground glass which allows me to see the view normally on the ground glass. It tends to be dark, especially with wide-angle lenses. But it's another option I use from time to time.