Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: silver magnets please read

multiplex

silver magnets please read

Please be advised
    there is someone selling silver magnets on ebay at the moment that are 220v ,
    if you purchase for use in the usa, realize they will not run on 110v
    I am not associated with that seller in any way.

Re: silver magnets please read

but many people in the usa have 220 service. it just may need a different plug installed on the wire.

multiplex

it was just to let people know it's not me, and I have no connection to this person.
    if someone wants to buy one its up to them, but they are not the magnets / power supplies I distributed for the past 15 years.
    the company that manufacturered them closed, and I no longer offer any support.
    people google "silver magnet" and my name comes up and has for a long time because I used to distribute
    them (since around 2006-2007) ... if they get one now they will be on their own...
    Last edited by jnantz; 29-Apr-2022 at 08:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ron View Post
    but many people in the usa have 220 service. it just may need a different plug installed on the wire.
    Anyone who merely swaps plugs between the 120 and 220 Volt devices had better know exactly what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    Anyone who merely swaps plugs between the 120 and 220 Volt devices had better know exactly what they are doing.
    if this device is 220 with the european plug, it can be swapped with our 220 plug. besides a 220 plug wont fit a 120 receptacle.

of course if you dont know how, it should be done by a qualified person.... that goes without saying, we arent children n here.

jnantz, yea i remember your business from years ago. we spoke quite a few times. thanks for making everyone aware of the other company product not being related to you and the voltage difference... that could be a problem.

if this device is 220 with the european plug, it can be swapped with our 220 plug. besides a 220 plug wont fit a 120 receptacle.

of course if you dont know how, it should be done by a qualified person.... that goes without saying, we arent children n here.

jnantz, yea i remember your business from years ago. we spoke quite a few times. thanks for making everyone aware of the other company product not being related to you and the voltage difference... that could be a problem.
    My Chicago was refurbishing his house and found a wire in the attic that wasn’t connected to anything. So he ran it into his guest bathroom and connected it to an outlet next to his sink. We had a major trade show in Chicago and our San Francisco rep came in to work it and he stayed at the newly remodeled Chicago reps house.
    The first morning he got up bright and early, showered, plugged in his hair dryer and watched it spark, smoke and melt in his hand.
    That was when our Chicago rep discovered that the wire was 220V!

multiplex

pleasure's mine!
    I hope the guy selling them finds people with the right voltage who can use them, they are great little gadgets if / when they are using the right power

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    My Chicago was refurbishing his house and found a wire in the attic that wasn’t connected to anything. So he ran it into his guest bathroom and connected it to an outlet next to his sink. We had a major trade show in Chicago and our San Francisco rep came in to work it and he stayed at the newly remodeled Chicago reps house.
    The first morning he got up bright and early, showered, plugged in his hair dryer and watched it spark, smoke and melt in his hand.
    That was when our Chicago rep discovered that the wire was 220V!
    yea. not something I would want to have someone email me about when / if / because it was happening in their spent fixer. .. and they for whatever reason
    thought I had something to do with their misfortune...

Since you’re not selling the gadgets anymore can I just run 220v straight into the fixer tray?

There used to be an electrician guy on YouTube called Photoninduction. Not sure if he’s still around but he did funny stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by jnantz View Post
    pleasure's mine!
    I hope the guy selling them finds people with the right voltage who can use them, they are great little gadgets if / when they are using the right power

yea. not something I would want to have someone email me about when / if / because it was happening in their spent fixer. .. and they for whatever reason
    thought I had something to do with their misfortune...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael R View Post
    Since you’re not selling the gadgets anymore can I just run 220v straight into the fixer tray?

There used to be an electrician guy on YouTube called Photoninduction. Not sure if he’s still around but he did funny stuff like that.
    The new electric crazy guy is Electro Boom

What wattage do these need I wonder? Using a European to US transformer might an option if it's not a huge amount of watts.