Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Refrema Machine Film Developing

Re: Refrema Machine Film Developing

Made in Denmark (in Hedehusene near Roskilde).

The name Refrema is based on REidel FREmkalde MAskiner (Reidel's Development Machines)
    Last edited by Per Madsen; 29-Apr-2022 at 06:07. Reason: More information

My thinking is younger people may design a new one for B&W using all the widgets we can now buy for 3D printers

Many still know how to make SS tanks

I suggest B&W first then let the color addicts expand complication
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Many still know how to make SS tanks
    Bad choice of material for colour processes overall if there is lengthy contact with the chemistry. There are lengthy discourses from Kodak etc on appropriate material choice for processor design, but lab grade welded plastics would be a smarter solution. The actual technology of dip/ dunk is really very simple (cam/ chain driven - so tank length matters, but you can load hanger after hanger after hanger) - what the Colenta Roboline appears to be trying to do is reduce tank size (to 23L) via using newer drive control technologies (and automated tank lids to enable C-41 & B&W to run in the same machine) but it won't allow for gigantic throughput. It seems likely it'll come in at just under 6-figures cost-wise.

A new design does in fact exist: https://www.colenta.at/php/index.php...line-c41-bw-e6

It theoretically can do E6, BW, and C41. I think in practice though just C41 and BW are practical because to run E6 it requires that you drain all the tanks. They cost $75k.

We might get one if we ever move into a new space where we own the building. For now though running RT and Jobo works for us. The 'risks' of RT are generally over stated in the context of the 'risks' of any processor. I've had bad D&D results and bad Jobo results and bad inversion tank results and bad RT results. It just all comes down to the operator and throughput.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Seems to me we may need these machines again

How many dunks per minute?
    I don't think it generally works that way. I think the lift/dunk is just how everything is moved from chemical to chemical and in each chemical the film remains dunked the whole time (agitation by nitrogen burst). They are basically gas burst systems but for high volume and automated process.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael R View Post
    I don't think it generally works that way. I think the lift/dunk is just how everything is moved from chemical to chemical and in each chemical the film remains dunked the whole time (agitation by nitrogen burst). They are basically gas burst systems but for high volume and automated process.
    Micheal is correct on this