Thread: Imogen Cunningham: A Retrospective at Getty

Imogen Cunningham: A Retrospective at Getty

I went to Getty to see the show and was very impressed by this little lady who worked into her 90s. It runs till June 12th and has a section called West Coast Photographers with all those familiar names. There is a movie where she talked about her photography.

Re: Imogen Cunningham: A Retrospective at Getty

I went to see the show yesterday- a lifetime of work though so many eras of photography. I was in high school when I saw the film shown (from ‘72 I believe), I have found her work very moving ever since. I wish I could have been one of her students.

Highly recommended. A definite must-see if you are able to.

I saw this exhibit in Seattle, in January of this year. Made a trip from Colorado just to see it. She has been one of my photography heroes for a couple of decades. I highly recommend this show.

From various books, I don't think there were too many photos that I hadn't seen before, but it was very cool to see her prints of some of my favorites. Especially a Frida Kahlo portrait, and several of her botanicals.

Nicholas O. Lindan

Can't say I went to see the show, but...

I am reading the book "Group f.64" by Mary Alinder which, along with Imogen Cunningham, has sections on the "West Coast Photographers with all those familiar names..." The book covers their history, home life and interactions with other photographers. Decently written. Recommended.
    Darkroom Automation / Cleveland Engineering Design, LLC
    f-Stop Timers & Enlarging meters http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm