Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Urge of ULF Panorama

Re: Urge of ULF Panorama

Awesome! Nice flinch on the right. No cannons here today, but learned about big future events. 5 shots to develop now, 1 color!
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

The camera shook from cannon concussion

The Desert Mule member told me that, I forget his name/handle

There were hundreds behind me, very close to my home

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Awesome! Nice flinch on the right. No cannons here today, but learned about big future events. 5 shots to develop now, 1 color!
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by xkaes View Post
    I don't quite get the large camera -- small panorama connection "thing". ...
    There is the difference between a contact print and an enlargement. Simple enough. A small difference for some people, a big difference for some, and of course, no diff to others.

I often use my 8x10 as a 4x10, and occasionally use the 11x14 as a 5.5x14 camera. I used a very nice Ritter 7x17 for awhile, but decided against a single-format camera (even tho it was easily converted to make vertical images, which is sweet). But for the way I would like my prints to be experienced, even 5.5x14 is starting to seem on the large side of things.

I have resisted making a modified darkslide to expose two 2.5x7 inch images on a sheet of 5x7 film. Seems too small...less area than a 4x5, but I have made contacts from two or three 2 1/4" sq negs printed together. So I seem to have hit a sweet spot with 4x10, but have some options to play with and explore.

The size of the final image can directly affect the way the photographer approaches making the image. It's pretty cool that some people are driven to make images meant to be seen big, while others may make images meant to be seen in-hand.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

my two cents' worth:
    as another fellow posted earlier, probably the end results are more important. you could use an 8x20 or 12x20(and cropping down to 8x20 ) have the film scanned and printed in any gigantic format. Today it's easy to built a 12x30 camera , but also consider that the lenses are the issues, especially the w.a. l for that format, which today that would cost more than the camera itself because the extreme high demand . on top of that the film would be a special order, and who knows how much would be the minimum quantity to be ordered. I personally used an old Folmer&Schwing 12x20 and I never considered going an inch larger, it just does the job fine . in the used market there are a lot of affordable lenses available for that format including the w.a.. A nice moderate w.a lens for the 12x20 is the 355mm G-Claron, and on the 10x30 a similar w.a. lens would be approx 530mm, and I doubt you could get that easy a lens to cover that size negative unless you jump in to Zeiss Protar V, Schneider XXL Fine Art, Rodenstock Pantogonal, etc, extremely expensive and sometime almost impossible to find in long focal lengths
    but ..... if you like to own a special custom made XL camera, that's a different story , why not .......go for it!!!!!!!!

Just say no to the scanning Drug

Bad ju ju

Bad for Mother Earth
    Tin Can