Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: replacement for tetenal neofinBlue

replacement for tetenal neofinBlue

I would like to hear any info as to a supplement or a replacement for tetenal neofinBlue. I did some study and review on it…
    one idea that can to mind after doing a read out of the chemical precautions list and what is in the developer what is 4-Methylaminophenol sulphite
    it is a developer is it metol + phenol
    ???DTPA Na 5 what is that ???

an idea to use Potasiun iodide [instead of bromide] as a restrainer ——-and salt[table].
    so would make the action of developng the Ag.=recurculation actin on the film.!??
    Any ideas ????????????

Re: replacement for tetenal neofinBlue

Why not buy Neofin Blue from Tetenal? https://tetenal.com/en/homepage/cons...27/neofin-blue

4-Methylaminophenol sulphate is metol

DTPA Na5 is the pentasodium salt of DTPA, which is a metal sequestering agent

Generally bromide should be used as a restrainer in most developers with contemporary films. Table salt is too weak to be of much use as a restrainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael R View Post
    Why not buy Neofin Blue from Tetenal? https://tetenal.com/en/homepage/cons...27/neofin-blue

4-Methylaminophenol sulphate is metol

DTPA Na5 is the pentasodium salt of DTPA, which is a metal sequestering agent

Generally bromide should be used as a restrainer in most developers with contemporary films. Table salt is too weak to be of much use as a restrainer.

thanks for the reply!!

It is not readily on stock - it is a bit too expensive.

And I do use it beyond what it was made for.

The whole point is that basically Neofin blue is a clean and sharp developer SO I am looking for this qualities. As it is a in form only as a one shot developer. I would like to modify this!! to a working solution of 1_lt. wth continuous shelf life.
    Where I would replenish it.

the test was done for 200_asa fomopan 9x12cm.
    exposed at 800asa
    so I can photograph hand held the camera 1/125-1/250 __f/16

So tetenal Neofin blue, at 26c 7min agitation non-stop
    the high temp is a normal room temp Athens Gr. from end April -till Oct.
    this is why the modifications.

your info as to DTPA Na5 is the pentasodium salt of DTPA.....was most helpful - my I submit some more Qustions ????

Or mix your own, Beutler High Acutance developer. Been using this developer formula for decades.
    http://home.alphalink.com.au/~simgra...kspcs/fdnb.htm

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by joho View Post

thanks for the reply!!

It is not readily on stock - it is a bit too expensive.

And I do use it beyond what it was made for.

The whole point is that basically Neofin blue is a clean and sharp developer SO I am looking for this qualities. As it is a in form only as a one shot developer. I would like to modify this!! to a working solution of 1_lt. wth continuous shelf life.
    Where I would replenish it.

the test was done for 200_asa fomopan 9x12cm.
    exposed at 800asa
    so I can photograph hand held the camera 1/125-1/250 __f/16

So tetenal Neofin blue, at 26c 7min agitation non-stop
    the high temp is a normal room temp Athens Gr. from end April -till Oct.
    this is why the modifications.

your info as to DTPA Na5 is the pentasodium salt of DTPA.....was most helpful - my I submit some more Qustions ????
    Ask any questions you want. I can't guarantee anyone on the forum will have the right answer but people will try to help. Ultimately you will probably have to do some experimentation since most of the old acutance developers were formulated when film emulsions were quite different, particularly with respect to mechanisms for increasing sharpness.

There are several formulas you could use as starting points, but before trying to create a version of Neofin Blau, I would first suggest trying Rodinal. My recollection of the old Neofin Blau is that the results were similar to what you get with Rodinal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    Or mix your own, Beutler High Acutance developer. Been using this developer formula for decades.
    http://home.alphalink.com.au/~simgra...kspcs/fdnb.htm

Bernice

replacement for tetenal neofinBlue_r3
    Beutler High Acutance developer

had a look at the link this Beutler High Acutance developer shows it was a two solution type.
    Had had worked with something like this.
    I was doing black&white work street photos years[35] ago, used something like this__ it as a two bath developer where temp could be 18c to 24c __you would prewash film 21c 1-min then into solution A 1-min immersion then into B solution 1-min immersion _stop_rapid fix __quick wash dry with hair blow dryer then print 13x18 cm. prints total time 20. min with 10 prints strait out.to the newspaper….
    BUT you could not push the films 100asa only at 100asa
    thank you for the info

I will look into this with a new eye.

joho

ADOX FX-39 is said to be based on NEOFIN RED: https://www.adox.de/Photo/adox-film-...er/adox-fx-39/
    Linhof Kardan re

I started to use the Beutler formula when I came across several vials of Neofin Blue and really liked it. A very simple mix, I have always used it 1:1:8, since I have started using film again I reaquainted myself with the formula. Like the results, I may have to try the FX-39.

Dtpa may well be the secret... As is on hc110 and ddx... Wonder where i could buy some cheaply... In europeu..

DTPA is not the secret to anything. It’s a metal chelating agent for impurities. All commercially prepared developers contain at least one of these sequestering agents. The benefit of DTPA in particular vs other agents such as sodium hexametaphosphate (calgon), EDTA etc. is that DTPA has a stronger affinity for iron and copper, which is why it is virtually always used in developers containing ascorbates such as XTOL and Adox XT3 (these metals can catalyze a fast oxidation of ascorbates). It is in plenty of other non-ascorbate photographic chemicals though.

DTPA is more difficult and expensive for individuals to obtain compared with say EDTA.

Quote Originally Posted by ruilourosa View Post
    Dtpa may well be the secret... As is on hc110 and ddx... Wonder where i could buy some cheaply... In europeu..