Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arca-Swiss 5x7 platform restart

Arca-Swiss

Arca-Swiss 5x7 platform restart

Having spent most of a week here with our new Directing Manager, we wish to make the following announcement:

Update from ARCA-SWISS - 5x7 format

Jean-Pierre Pieve, our new managing director as of December 2021, has announced the return of ARCA-SWISS 5x7 formats.

As of today, any F-line or M-Line camera may be ordered in 5x7 format. Remember, if you wish to have the MicroOrbix geared tilt it needs to be added at the time of purchase.

Also announced and available to order are 171 wide angle leather bag bellows.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

If you have questions contact your dealer or myself.

Rod
    Rod Klukas
    US Representative
    Arca-Swiss USA
    480-755-3364
    www.arca-swiss-usa.com

Re: Arca-Swiss 5x7 platform restart

Retail Price
    Tin Can

Curious, what prompted Arca Swiss to produce a 5x7 camera again?

Bernice

This is great news, Rod. Thank you, and the new Directing Mgr., for making this happen.

That's good news; perhaps A/S is responding to customer requests. I'm sure that those parts won't be cheap... but to the user, good value for money spent. "There is always room at the top."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sampson View Post
    I'm sure that those parts won't be cheap... but to the user, good value for money spent. "There is always room at the top."
    Cost is always a relative thing... Back in 1993 our first digital camera was a Kodak DCS 200. Don't exactly remember but my best recollection is that it cost us around 20K to acquire. 20K in 1993's dollars was not cheap. If I were in the market for a precision 5x7 today my first choice would be a Sinar Norma, but that camera is going on 50+ years old. I'd place the value of a currently made precision 5x7 at around 6K for me. Am eager to see just what a new 5x7 Arca Swiss will be going for. A friend shoots 5x7, and I'm sure he'd be a buyer for up to 8K. Last year passed up on acquiring a Zone VI 5x7 Enlarger. I would have thought twice about that if I knew Arca Swiss was going to come out with a 5x7!!!! I commend Arca Swiss for stepping up and not leaving LF photographers like us in the cold.

Pricing normal........Good News!

Perhaps at this moment ARCA can supply what China cannot

A 5X7 camera is better than any 4X5 as it can shoot both

I used to dream about Monolith!
    Tin Can

I've always enjoyed this video of Urs Bernhard at work with the A/S Metric 5x7...maybe a bit overly-dramatic, but a nice vignette of a project coming together

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Cost is always a relative thing... Back in 1993 our first digital camera was a Kodak DCS 200. Don't exactly remember but my best recollection is that it cost us around 20K to acquire. 20K in 1993's dollars was not cheap. If I were in the market for a precision 5x7 today my first choice would be a Sinar Norma, but that camera is going on 50+ years old. I'd place the value of a currently made precision 5x7 at around 6K for me. Am eager to see just what a new 5x7 Arca Swiss will be going for. A friend shoots 5x7, and I'm sure he'd be a buyer for up to 8K. Last year passed up on acquiring a Zone VI 5x7 Enlarger. I would have thought twice about that if I knew Arca Swiss was going to come out with a 5x7!!!! I commend Arca Swiss for stepping up and not leaving LF photographers like us in the cold.
    I have a Linhof Kardan Bi with 5x7 back. These are old (1960's) but work well. Since it is a Linhof Kardan many more modern components work with it.