Thread: Please Help - Ratoc U2SCX, Howtek 4500 and DPL

Please Help - Ratoc U2SCX, Howtek 4500 and DPL

Hi!

I have purchased an Howtek 4500 and the DPL software. I'm connecting the scanner to a laptop by using a Ratoc U2SXC cable, but I'm having difficult issues:

- After connecting the cable, If I open the DPL, its freezes at the start screen.
    - If I open the config tool of the Ratoc cable and click con configure, the whole computer crashes.

The installation is under Windows 7, but I have tried on another computer with Windows 10, but I get the same results. I have the cable drivers installed. But I don't find any scanner drivers if needed.

Am I doing something wrong? I have read about some people who have a similar setup and it works for them. Did you experience something similar? Any idea about what to try?

Thanks a lot!

Re: Please Help - Ratoc U2SCX, Howtek 4500 and DPL

Try posting this question to https://scanhi-end.groups.io/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I did it too, It's waiting for moderator approval.

In the end, the way to fix this issue was to configure the cable's speed to Async mode. So it's working properly now :-)

Quote Originally Posted by inavas View Post
    In the end, the way to fix this issue was to configure the cable's speed to Async mode. So it's working properly now :-)
    Excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by inavas View Post
    Hi!

I have purchased an Howtek 4500 and the DPL software. I'm connecting the scanner to a laptop by using a Ratoc U2SXC cable, but I'm having difficult issues:

- After connecting the cable, If I open the DPL, its freezes at the start screen.
    - If I open the config tool of the Ratoc cable and click con configure, the whole computer crashes.

The installation is under Windows 7, but I have tried on another computer with Windows 10, but I get the same results. I have the cable drivers installed. But I don't find any scanner drivers if needed.

Am I doing something wrong? I have read about some people who have a similar setup and it works for them. Did you experience something similar? Any idea about what to try?

Thanks a lot!
    Not sure how active it is but did you post on the "Hi End Scan" users group? https://scanhi-end.groups.io/g/main