Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linhof Lens Board Extender

Linhof Lens Board Extender

I recall seeing a Linhof lens board extender that was similar to a typical top hat type extender but instead of having a plate with mounting hole at the end it had a larger plate that allowed a Linhof board to be mounted to it. I've been searching around but can't seem to find one. Does anyone know if these are available anyplace?

Seems like this would allow you to easily use any Linhof board mounted lens with or without an extender.

Re: Linhof Lens Board Extender

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Pere View Post
    I recall seeing a Linhof lens board extender that was similar to a typical top hat type extender but instead of having a plate with mounting hole at the end it had a larger plate that allowed a Linhof board to be mounted to it. I've been searching around but can't seem to find one. Does anyone know if these are available anyplace?

Seems like this would allow you to easily use any Linhof board mounted lens with or without an extender.
    I haven't seen that, but I have seen a linhof board with a ~1.5in extension that mounts a sinar board (designed to hold the sinar shutter). It would be a bit of a rube goldberg, but you could combine that with a sinar to linhof adapter. or if you're really insane, you could buy three of them and daisy-chain to turn 1.5in to 4.5in.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185019321250

Be a lot easier to buy the Wista extension tube set. This is a LInhof board with a 25mm extension and 2 extra 25mm tubes. Also included are 3 shutter adapter rings for 0, 1 and 3 size shutters. The basic set gives you up to 75mm of extension and additional 25mm tubes are also available.

Back in February, my wife bought me a Fujinon 250mm f/6.7 lens from Japan, and it was mounted on a Wista/Linhof lens board with a top hat. I am guessing the top hat part is 15mm above the flat of the board. It was a Copal 1 shutter on this board. Quick pics with the wife's cell camera:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ek0hiUsl.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	226119

Name:	NECvAE6l.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	226120
    "Photographs don't lie, they just don't tell the truth" - Lawrence Clark Powell

I think Chuck's idea was to keep the lens mounted on a flat board, but also be able to use it on an extended setup. That way you could use it on a camera with limited bellows by mounting it on the extended linhof to linhof board, but then you could also use it on a camera with sufficient bellows without having to deal with a clunky top hat board. I don't know the wista setup, but from the description, you're still going to have a minimum of 25mm extension, unless there is a way to remove all the extensions. 25mm isn't horrible but does a top hat board make front swings a tilts a bit more awkward?

Quote Originally Posted by abruzzi View Post
    I think Chuck's idea was to keep the lens mounted on a flat board, but also be able to use it on an extended setup. That way you could use it on a camera with limited bellows by mounting it on the extended linhof to linhof board, but then you could also use it on a camera with sufficient bellows without having to deal with a clunky top hat board. I don't know the wista setup, but from the description, you're still going to have a minimum of 25mm extension, unless there is a way to remove all the extensions. 25mm isn't horrible but does a top hat board make front swings a tilts a bit more awkward?
    That is the idea. My no name top hat extender does look like you can screw the end plate directly on the lens board with no extension. But you still would need a top hat extender for each lens you wanted to use. Plus having to re-install the lenses on to the top hat extenders. What I'm talking about lets you use easily use any lens on the extender system with no re-mounting..

This is what you're looking for:

I sold it two weeks ago.

Kumar

Quote Originally Posted by B.S.Kumar View Post
    This is what you're looking for:

I sold it two weeks ago.

Kumar
    Is that just a one-off fabrication or an actual available manufactured item?

Arca-Swiss

Wista I believe made this in the 1990's or early 2000's as a Macro setup:

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 11.32.45 AM.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	226397
    Rod Klukas
    US Representative
    Arca-Swiss USA
    480-755-3364
    www.arca-swiss-usa.com

Robert White in the UK is selling "Top Hats" made by Walker Cameras - https://www.robertwhite.co.uk/ebony-...nel-set-0.html

They export if you need them too.

Martin