Thread: Large Format in Albany NY?

Large Format in Albany NY?

Just moved to Albany NY and was wondering if there are any LF shooters in the area. Any suggestions about local places to shoot would be most appreciated.
    Feel free to PM or email: dsciccone@nyc.rr.com

Don Ciccone

Re: Large Format in Albany NY?

Empire State Plaza, the Capital and the old State Education Building. Various college campuses: SUNYA and the NanoCampus, Skidmore College, Union College. For nature, Thatcher Park, Spa State Park or Five Rivers. Further afield: Union Station in Utica, Clark Art Institute campus in Williamstown, MA, MassMOCA in North Adams, MA, Farmer's Museum in Coopertown. Just need to explore - lots to see, do and photograph in the area.

People are interesting too, our youth seem to accept imaging easier
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Louie Powell View Post
    Empire State Plaza, the Capital and the old State Education Building. Various college campuses: SUNYA and the NanoCampus, Skidmore College, Union College. For nature, Thatcher Park, Spa State Park or Five Rivers. Further afield: Union Station in Utica, Clark Art Institute campus in Williamstown, MA, MassMOCA in North Adams, MA, Farmer's Museum in Coopertown. Just need to explore - lots to see, do and photograph in the area.
    That's quite a list. Thanks Louie

Don, if you make it over here to the Berkshires, it would be great to get together with another large format shooter

David Schaller

Don, I also sent you a PM.

Hi Dave,

Just moved here to Albany a few weeks ago and have no idea about possible shooting locations. I just looked it up and it seems Williamstown is about an hour from Albany. Would be interested in shooting a bit since I haven't been going out much due to pandemic and recent upheaval due to move. Maybe we could meet up somewhere that's convenient. I probably won't be using my 8x10 except for shots that don't require much hiking. I'm using a lightweight 5x7 Speed Graphic these days. If you're free one of these weekends feel free to email. My new email is dsciccone@Spectrum.net

Don

David Schaller

Thanks Don. I’ll be in touch. I just found out our long-delayed home improvement project may be starting soon, so my schedule is at the mercy of the contractor, who is not very communicative. But I’ll keep an eye on the weather, and, if I’m not stuck at home, will give you a shout.
    Dave

Kai Foster

Don, I am in Boston and love to shoot 4x5 around here. Get in touch if you ever make it across Massachusetts to the coast!

Kai

you kidding? you have a beautiful city and surrounding towns to shoot. if land scapes are your thing, catskills is just a hop n skip down the block.