Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Renaissance of Film Photography among Young People

Re: The Renaissance of Film Photography among Young People

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    The young are out shooting pictures. They don't have time for forums.
    They have the time - they are tuned into the internet. Perhaps adjusting/ adding to the old forum (speaking of all forums- not this one in particular) ways would attract some new members. Does this forum have an Instagram? A discord chat? A YouTube channel? What is it’s involvement with Reddit? Is it in a relationship with a large format podcast? The reputation of this forum is “curmudgeonly”. I’ve heard this twice on podcasts recently.

This forum has a wealth of information with its members and what it has recorded.

I am on the BIG I eye Internet 24/7

However I no longer trust any social media, those you tout and more

i don't bit the coin either

But i am lucky as I doubt i survive another winter

i will try but some age faster

i can 'see' my computers fighting some Thing all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Wishegan View Post
    They have the time - they are tuned into the internet. Perhaps adjusting/ adding to the old forum (speaking of all forums- not this one in particular) ways would attract some new members. Does this forum have an Instagram? A discord chat? A YouTube channel? What is it’s involvement with Reddit? Is it in a relationship with a large format podcast? The reputation of this forum is “curmudgeonly”. I’ve heard this twice on podcasts recently.

This forum has a wealth of information with its members and what it has recorded.
    Tin Can

It's an evolutionary thing, where you choose or decide to sit on that curve is a personal choice, so long as analog materials survive. Nothing surprises me in this discussion, let's not lose sight of the irony in this whole thing, George Eastman marketed the Brownie camera as a means to expose the masses to photography. The big difference is the advancements are happening at an exponential rate over the last generation.

Real photographs are born wet !

www.PowerOfProcessTips.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I am on the BIG I eye Internet 24/7

However I no longer trust any social media, those you tout and more

i don't bit the coin either
    We are participating in social media right now. It's not something to trust. But it is something that can benefit most.

Yes this forum is Social

Sorta, I got/git a lot of deliberate misdirection here

Old boys club

I am old, but never an EXPERT here

We have ONE expert

We are participating in social media right now. It's not something to trust. But it is something that can benefit most.
    Tin Can

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ezgif-1-047c5d641d.gif 
Views:	117 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	226079

We are a volunteer-driven enterprise running on bare-bones infrastructure. Being independent and non-commercial is a core principle for us. We are not willing to become dependent on or otherwise entangled with proprietary social network platforms. That's all I'll say on that point - the benefits and hazards of those platforms more broadly is a contentious topic that is beyond our scope.

A certain amount of the curmudgeon factor is inevitable, just part of the human condition. But sometimes the rhetorical habits of members here feed on each other to derail threads and make for an unfriendly environment. We (moderator team) do worry about that and wrestle with finding the right balance of moderation to keep that under control without being too heavy-handed and while keeping our burden within what we can handle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ezgif-1-047c5d641d.gif 
Views:	117 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	226079

I'll just leave this Craigslist ad here without comment :Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220329-141251_Chrome~2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	226080

Your work is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    We are a volunteer-driven enterprise running on bare-bones infrastructure. Being independent and non-commercial is a core principle for us. We are not willing to become dependent on or otherwise entangled with proprietary social network platforms. That's all I'll say on that point - the benefits and hazards of those platforms more broadly is a contentious topic that is beyond our scope.

A certain amount of the curmudgeon factor is inevitable, just part of the human condition. But sometimes the rhetorical habits of members here feed on each other to derail threads and make for an unfriendly environment. We (moderator team) do worry about that and wrestle with finding the right balance of moderation to keep that under control without being too heavy-handed and while keeping our burden within what we can handle.