Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Microsoft Windows 10 (or 11?) Computer for Adobe?

Re: Which Microsoft Windows 10 (or 11?) Computer for Adobe?

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    However, my main issue with Dell is not even about reliability but documented outrageous upsell behavior. This video series would be a prime example and includes a host of companies to compare, from a variety of perspectives...

Regardless I will simply say once more that anyone looking for a good, reliable computer would be remiss not to consider building it themselves. You will get more performance dollar-for-dollar and a knowledge base to help keep it working into the future.
    Watched some of that video. It's pretty funny, less so if you look at it from the perspective of someone who's dealing with a Dell salesman. Disappointed that Linus isn't wearing a real bow tie

Just admit it Corran. You're a "build your own" evangelist
    Arca-Swiss 8x10/4x5 | Mamiya 6x7 | Leica 35mm | Blackmagic Ultra HD Video
    Sound Devices audio recorder, Schoeps & DPA mikes
    Mac Studio/Eizo with Capture One, Final Cut, DaVinci Resolve, Logic

Oh yeah, unabashedly. I understand that some folks have their issues with computers, but it's mostly software problems. Building a computer these days is just adult LEGOs. Verified builds with instructions can be found online easily.

If you're lucky, one of Micro Center's 25 stores in the USA is nearby and they could walk you through some details. I'm probably going to the one in GA next time I do a build.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I appreciate all the input. I think that I have a pretty good idea of what would be needed. Still, making a choice has its complexities.

I like Oren's strategy. Purchase a Dell without bloat-ware and then beef it up with memory and a good CPU.

In fact, I'm considering both a Microsoft based system and an Apple, and will begin a thread on the latter. I think that some of what has been gleaned in this thread regarding Microsoft carries over to Apple.

If you're into Adobe software, consider a desktop or tower with a good processor, plenty of RAM, and a dedicated graphics card. Adobe apps, especially Photoshop and Lightroom, can be resource-intensive. I've found that having a solid system makes a big difference in performance and productivity. Also, a comptia pentest+ course could be helpful, so consider it. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by neil poulsen View Post
    I like Oren's strategy. Purchase a Dell without bloat-ware and then beef it up with memory and a good CPU.
    Don't forget what Alan wrote -- and a higher-end graphics card, again with as much memory on it as you can afford.

The new MacBook pro 16 w/M3 Max in Black Aluminum!
    They should call it the Black Beast!

The biggest baddest system I can (almost) afford. However much memory I can shoehorn into the box. lots of cores. Oh yeah - I use the system for other things than Photoshop. Like Cinema 4D using Maxwell Render - I've had renders go 3 t0 4 days or more across three or more networked systems. Realflow fluid simulations can take a bit of memory and CPU/GPU as well. Yeah - I'm sort of crazy. My only Dell is a dual Xeon 1U server with 64M of memory. At one point I had around 14 systems stacked up at home, most running Linux.