Thread: Super (speed) Graphic

Super (speed) Graphic

I have two of these cameras, one in very good condition and one not so good. Both have the RF cam but neither will RF focus. There is a tube that runs from the inside of the case camera bed to the RF mechanism, filled with ball bearings I think. I think there should be a rod from the camera bed end of the tube to connect with the folding bed location stop. Hope this is clear. Can someone confirm and better yet can someone supply the missing part(s). BTW I think all top mounted RF Graphic cameras used this method. TIA

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: Super (speed) Graphic

Quote Originally Posted by beemermark View Post
    I have two of these cameras, one in very good condition and one not so good. Both have the RF cam but neither will RF focus. There is a tube that runs from the inside of the case camera bed to the RF mechanism, filled with ball bearings I think. I think there should be a rod from the camera bed end of the tube to connect with the folding bed location stop. Hope this is clear. Can someone confirm and better yet can someone supply the missing part(s). BTW I think all top mounted RF Graphic cameras used this method. TIA
    https://learncamerarepair.com/downlo...e-Version1.pdf

See diagram on page 2 for confirmation. I have no idea where to get parts, but what you need very well may turn up. Good luck; Spurer Graphic is one of my favorite cameras.

One thing I've noticed over the years is that the slide (thin metal strip) sometimes takes on a crimp from the camera being closed for so long. When that happens it binds and the rangefinder doesn't operate correctly.

That helps. sort of that I was afraid of (and how I remember Crown Graphics I used to own). The extruding tip must be soldered to the tip at the end of the tube and it has broken off. Just a small nub now.

Go to Graflex.org and ask. Take anything 45PSS (I think that’s right) says as gospel.