Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for Monitor That Calibrates Well

Re: Looking for Monitor That Calibrates Well

Despite the ViewSonic being half the price (open box) of the BenQ, I blew my budget, went with the recommendations here and ordered the BenQ SW270C monitor.
    There were too many calibration problems with the Viewsonic, from what I could see in the reviews. Not always a consistent monitor, and it seemed like the best calibration option was to buy their hardware, plus the monitor.
    I already have a SpyderPro X, hopefully it'll play nice with the BenQ, and hopefully the BenQ will play nice with the M1 computer.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone again.
    The BenQ SW270C arrived today and it's very impressive, exactly what I was looking for.
    Lots of tweaking and calibrating possible, and screen, hardware and software all mesh together very nicely.
    It's a very well-integrated monitor and the target market, photographers, are very well-served by this piece of kit.
    I'll calibrate it tonight, even though the calibration report that came with the monitor looks just about perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone again.
    The BenQ SW270C arrived today and it's very impressive, exactly what I was looking for.
    Lots of tweaking and calibrating possible, and screen, hardware and software all mesh together very nicely.
    It's a very well-integrated monitor and the target market, photographers, are very well-served by this piece of kit.
    I'll calibrate it tonight, even though the calibration report that came with the monitor looks just about perfect.
    Glad its worked out, I think I already mentioned that ArtisRight has all the details on the calibration settings and parameters- I've used his ideas for the better part of a year and they have worked consistently well in my workflow.
    http://brucekatzphoto.com

Original join date 2008...

Yes, I've been watching Art for a week now. Good stuff. There's also an Australian guy who dishes out good advice for calibrating these monitors.
    I just upgraded my calibration unit to a Calibrite Studio, that way I'll get the printer - and possibly my scanner - sync'ed to the monitor as closely as I can.

That's great; I sure enjoy mine, and may purchase a second.

But, that's another story. (Oh, dear.)

Thanks for the initial recommendation, Neil. The 270C is really an ideal monitor for photography.
    Right now I have it mounted alongside a Dell 4K monitor, also 27", and it's a sweet set-up.
    The main monitor, BenQ, is where I work on Photoshop and LR, and from where I print. The Dell monitor handles everything else.

I hope it works out for you. I had a Benq SW2700PT (the next older model) that was great until a segment of the backlight failed and it could not be repaired.

I replaced it with a used Eizo CX271 of similar vintage and that thing calibrates like a dream. Based on that careful calibration, will recalibrate the monitor hardware using an integral sensor to maintain the calibration. It calibrated much more easily than the Benq, using an i1Pro, and the construction is noticeably more substantial. But it has a wider bezel and the stand isn’t as flexible.

I paid about the same for the (slightly) used Eizo that I had paid a few years ago for the factory refurbed Benq.

But finding an affordable hood to fit that particular Eizo is proving to be a challenge.

Rick “still working on that” Denney

Thanks, Rick. Fingers crossed, as usual, for any new piece of electronics hardware.