Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where's the best place to find out of print photobooks? I'm looking for one

RayHunter

Re: Where's the best place to find out of print photobooks? I'm looking for one

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    The photographer's website says that this edition was limited to 750 copies.
    I was about to post this when you did, Oren. Given that it is the photographer's first book and it was limited to 750 copies, and it was published five years ago, it will be very difficult to find. Also, it was published by "Creative Futures," and I am not familiar with that entity, or any distribution networks they might use. The photographer is on IG and Twitter. It's a real long shot but if you send a DM and ask if any copies remain or who would have any, you might get a response. Otherwise I think it's going to be finding a needle in a haystack. Bookfinder.com is another online site to use for searching used photo books. They combine alibris and several other sources so it casts a pretty wide net.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Thanks, I've read this before. The photos are great.

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    Yes, he's had that notice up for a long time. I'm subscribed to get a notification when it releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Hunter View Post
    I was about to post this when you did, Oren. Given that it is the photographer's first book and it was limited to 750 copies, and it was published five years ago, it will be very difficult to find. Also, it was published by "Creative Futures," and I am not familiar with that entity, or any distribution networks they might use. The photographer is on IG and Twitter. It's a real long shot but if you send a DM and ask if any copies remain or who would have any, you might get a response. Otherwise I think it's going to be finding a needle in a haystack. Bookfinder.com is another online site to use for searching used photo books. They combine alibris and several other sources so it casts a pretty wide net.
    I know it's unlikely that I will find a copy. I don't mind playing the waiting game though.

Quote Originally Posted by 826257
    the general answer, including harsh categorizations, was provided by QTL, this sites founder... his answer: https://www.terragalleria.com/blog/c...ooks-a-primer/

&& general answer is ask the author: this is the age of DMs. That is the way to gain strength faster -
    Thanks for the link!