Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's the best place to find out of print photobooks? I'm looking for one

Question Where's the best place to find out of print photobooks? I'm looking for one

I'm looking for Here For The Ride by Andre D. Wagner. I didn't know about his work before his book went out of print. I've been looking around eBay and Craigslist on and off for a long time. I haven't had luck catching a copy on an online store.

Re: Where's the best place to find out of print photobooks? I'm looking for one

I use Abe Books

https://www.abebooks.com/?&cm_mmc=gg...RoC4nkQAvD_BwE

They are connected world wide, new and used

If you know the exact book, put in a search and they will look for years
    Tin Can

You could also try Strand Books in New York and Powell's Books in Portland. They are big vendors of used books, and I'm not sure that they are part of the Abe Books network.

Always worth checking at photo-eye, but they don't have it currently:

https://www.photoeye.com/bookstore/c...?catalog=ZH446

Dashwood Books in NYC is another place to check for collectible photo books, although a search there just now comes up empty as well:

https://www.dashwoodbooks.com/

Drew Wiley

The once good selection at Powell's greatly diminished once they went internet sales too. We had three or four fantastic photo bookstores in Berkeley, which, despite plenty of business, mostly lost out to obscenely high lease increases to make room for more fru-fru chain boutique retailers. Cody's is gone, with their superb new book department. Black Oak, with their rare photo books, managed to resurface across town in a lower rent area; and Moe's is still at their original location.

I just don't want to get flogged if yet another big picture book shows up on our bookshelves at home. So I wisely stay away from the temptation. Some of those darn books can cost nearly as much as a tank of gas!

Drew, You've got to get better at sneaking them in!

Most of mine come by mail, and I always hope to find them on the doorstep before my wife does!

Tin Can

IN LIBRARIES !!
    Our city, county, state and public universities have enormous collections - and through interlibrary loans, you can get a book from almost anywhere! I often do that first with expensive photo books - a free trial from the library.

The photographer's website says that this edition was limited to 750 copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    The photographer's website says that this edition was limited to 750 copies.
    He has a new book coming out: https://www.andredwagner.com/work/new-city-old-blues