Thread: Karl Blossfeld gravures

Karl Blossfeld gravures

Recently I purchased a Blossfeld gravure, a matted 16x20, to add to my small collection of prints. By chance, the image was fascinating to a female individual whom I had shown it it, as she was unknowingly about photography or Blossfeld. (I purchased this print at a very good price.)

This lady in Dallas now has an interest in obtaining Blossfeld 16x20 gravures, 6 in number as she wants to "redecorate" her home with these flowered images.

Any forum members have sources at this time?

Raymond
    In Colorado

Re: Karl Blossfeld gravures

Karl Blossfeld's work is remarkable. His sense of pattern recognition was highly developed. Another of my favorites is Andreas Feininger, who produced In a Grain of Sand: Exploring Design by Nature, which introduced me to the Fibonacci sequence and the Golden Mean. "A Grain of Sand" refers back to British mystic William Blake and Sufism. Following up on the The Golden Mean will lead you to contemporary researcher, Dan Winter. Winter began by studying Master of Dancing, George Gurdjieff, and The American Leonardo, Walter Russell. Those "Old Bellows Cameras" can take you on a very wild ride if you open your mind and close down your lens.

Re: Karl Blossfeld gravures

Quote Originally Posted by 826257 View Post
    the magic isn't the wand, it is the wanderer --

[this dan winter is interesting: https://www.danwintersphoto.com/WORK...thumbs-caption ]
    Yes, his work is outstanding.