Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do any of you Stenopeika 5x7 users have time to post a review?

Question Do any of you Stenopeika 5x7 users have time to post a review?

Stenopeika Hyper Camera 5x7

I see this as an alternative to the Intrepid 5x7 because it's still light weight and although it's more expensive it's not several times the cost. What's your user experience been like?

EDIT: link to the camera here https://www.stenopeika.com/prodotto/...-5x7-advanced/
    Last edited by Certain Exposures; 28-Feb-2022 at 07:51. Reason: Including a link to the product and the name of the camera

Re: Do any of you Stenopeika 5x7 users have time to post a review?

Please put in links to some 4x5" review if you have.

Sent fra min SM-G975F via Tapatalk

If you do an Advanced Search with Stenopeika in the title, you'll find several discussions about these cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    If you do an Advanced Search with Stenopeika in the title, you'll find several discussions about these cameras.
    That was my first step. There were two pages of results. I saw just a couple of references to the 5x7, and I didn't find them helpful for making a decision. Did you see a comment that you found especially helpful?

I’ve read a lot of complaints about the Stenopeika cameras: light leaks, misaligned parts, etc. Yes, there are complaints about the build quality if the Intrepid too, but I see no reason to choose the Stenopeika over it.
    I own the current Intrepid 5x7 and I like it a lot. It’s far superior to the earlier Intrepid designs and most of the flaws have been ironed out. I would not hesitate to recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    I’ve read a lot of complaints about the Stenopeika cameras: light leaks, misaligned parts, etc. Yes, there are complaints about the build quality if the Intrepid too, but I see no reason to choose the Stenopeika over it.
    I own the current Intrepid 5x7 and I like it a lot. It’s far superior to the earlier Intrepid designs and most of the flaws have been ironed out. I would not hesitate to recommend it.
    Thanks, Paul! I remember your positive review from another thread. I'm still not convinced one is good for me, though. Maybe I'll know when I run into one in the wild someday. I emailed Intrepid to get information about their return policy, but I doubt they have one for a made-to-order camera. I see your point about the Stenopeika! I'll stick with my Crown Graphic 4x5 for now.

Niels

Quote Originally Posted by Certain Exposures View Post
    Thanks, Paul! I remember your positive review from another thread. I'm still not convinced one is good for me, though. Maybe I'll know when I run into one in the wild someday. I emailed Intrepid to get information about their return policy, but I doubt they have one for a made-to-order camera. I see your point about the Stenopeika! I'll stick with my Crown Graphic 4x5 for now.
    Intrepid have 4-6 weeks lead time on their cameras. If it isn't for you I would be surprised you can't resell it for what you paid to someone without the patience to wait for that long.
    ----
    Niels

Quote Originally Posted by nitroplait View Post
    Intrepid have 4-6 weeks lead time on their cameras. If it isn't for you I would be surprised you can't resell it for what you paid to someone without the patience to wait for that long.
    Perhaps!

For anyone curious, Intrepid does have a return policy. The camera has to be unused though. You can find it by scrolling to the very bottom of their website and clicking "terms and conditions" in the bottom left. It's small so it's easy to miss.

i use camera STENOPEIKA HYPER CAMERA 5×7

camera is bad. many design flaws. magnetic back. snaps off with force. broke screen because of this, fell out of his hands. not for heavy lenses.
    I will fix camera

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pz6gePUktCA-1500x2000.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	226249
    More photo to my instagram:
    www.instagram.com/dendorff_bw

Deardorffuser
    i use camera STENOPEIKA HYPER CAMERA 5×7

camera is bad. many design flaws. magnetic back. snaps off with force. broke screen because of this, fell out of his hands. not for heavy lenses.
    I will fix camera
    Oh no, good luck fixing it!