I am very white, no tan for years

I have been in several mixed relationships in Chicago

Holy shit did we get crap, parents refused to meet me

My parents were extremely silent at dinner

I would ride my motorbike with Norma and everybody was angry

We lived in an industrial area where no other people lived, our haven

We met at a mixed race bar owned by a very kind Japanese owner

Norm Van Lear was there often

I was a regular for 5 years, went back 20 years later, same workers, they bought me drinks

Quote Originally Posted by jnantz View Post
    I'm not black but I think you are right, it might be a skin tone thing, police, and NN/WS wackjobs who have an axe to grind have consistently given me problems because of the tone of my skin. pulled me over and sweat me out on the side of small roads and highways, made up bogus reasons for pulling me over, crossed their arms and stared me down and told me to "be careful" after I went to a police station to ask for directions, was called on my cell when some lady gave LE my license plate # when I asked her where a unmarked street was that I couldn't find the address(was for a photography job) her husband was LE and told me never to drive in his street again ) even been surveilled and harassed by LE in my own suburban neighborhood, no camera though, I was riding a 3 speed bike LOL. it's a losing battle ... for 20 years now I typically call LE on the phone and tell them if I am going somewhere to photograph, so I am a known quantity when some wacko "do gooder" calls then to report "some guy is photographing (intersection, streetscape, public building, building being torn down &c )" the time I described earlier in this thread I did not do that I just winged-it. probably if you look "anglo saxon" and aren't there to cause trouble and heckle the police/law enforcement you will be OK.

YMMV
    Tin Can

multiplex

Re: Photographing U.S. Post Office Building

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I am very white, no tan for years

I have been in several mixed relationships in Chicago

Holy shit did we get crap, parents refused to meet me

My parents were extremely silent at dinner

I would ride my motorbike with Norma and everybody was angry

We lived in an industrial area where no other people lived, our haven

We met at a mixed race bar owned by a very kind Japanese owner

Norm Van Lear was there often

I was a regular for 5 years, went back 20 years later, same workers, they bought me drinks
    humans can be a real drag, can't they?
    the beauty of it is I think there are more good people than bad ( both LE and regular people ) so there is hope!

I am very good with all people, one on one

I tell a custom story just for one

That's why I never paid for any drinks for decades, just a cash tip before dawn

I don't start fights, I erase the cause quietly

I cannot write the stories, nor record them, that ends the magic

Kinds like most pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by jnantz View Post
    humans can be a real drag, can't they?
    the beauty of it is I think there are more good people than bad ( both LE and regular people ) so there is hope!
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Great information. Don’t miss the important words, “on Postal Service™ premises.”
    I’m not sure what link is being referenced; I’m guessing that it’s Requests for Filming and Still Photography on Postal Service Premises. The page states policy, but cites no authority. The only thing I’ve ever been able to find on this is 39 CFR 232.1(i), which reads

Photographs for news, advertising, or commercial purposes. Except as prohibited by official signs or the directions of security force personnel or other authorized personnel, or a Federal court order or rule, photographs for news purposes may be taken in entrances, lobbies, foyers, corridors, or auditoriums when used for public meetings. Other photographs may be taken only with the permission of the local postmaster or installation head.

It’s not clear whether permission is required only for photographs for “advertising, or commercial purposes” or for all photographs other than news. It seems to me that requiring permits for photography per se would run afoul of the principles established in Price v. Barr (2021), though because that decision considered only motion photography, someone would need to make a formal challenge to extend it to still photography.