Michael, if someone ordered something in advance, rather than during a gallery sale, and they were in the general area, I would in fact visit their display premises with a lux and color temp meter and print for that specific display setting. And there would be an advance discussion about what kind of lighting and climate control was best for the life of the print. Otherwise, I had brochures made up, intended to be handed out with any sale of my prints by another contracted party, i.e., gallery agent.
But all that was a long time ago.

I was near Bakersfield just a few days ago. Very specific timing. A big storm was finally headed in. I was way back in the wildlife refuge up on a ridge, with the wind howling all night and my truck shaking. That cleared the air out over at least the entire San Joaquin Valley and coastal ranges, plus the Sierra, and I followed the beautiful light and clouds back home, stopping for my hoped-for shots of blossoming almond groves on quieter farm roads headed north. Some of the tiny side roads toward Bakersfield, Coalinga, etc had spectacular early wildflower patterns - rich tapestries of color on various exposed earthtone cliffs and hills - exactly what I was also looking for. But due to the ongoing extreme drought overall, it's unlikely there will be a "superbloom" later in the season in that area.

The amount of officially protected land south and west of the "Armpit of the West" (Bakersfield) has dramatically increased recently by hundreds of thousands of acres, some accessible to the public, some off limits due to endangered condors etc. The Carrizo Plain refuge itself is over forty miles long, and totally uninhabited except for a wildlife officer residence. Wonderful areas in winter and spring, but not under hot or smoggy conditions. East of the "armpit" are the great canyons of the Kaweah and Kern Rivers, Sequoia National Park, and the highest mountains in the contiguous US. But the smog rises so high from the Central Valley below that it's been a serious factor stressing the giant sequoias and other trees, and no doubt contributed to the catastrophic loss of many of them in last autumn's fires.

I got a few nice 4x5 shot ahead of the storm, but once it arrived, had to resort to MF gear due to either the wind or need of an especially long tele. Coldest days of the year so far a couple days ago, ironically just a few days after three days in a row of record Feb heat.