Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Planning Roadtrip for June in Middle/Western USA

Re: Planning Roadtrip for June in Middle/Western USA

Two week update!

Currently having coffee in Fort Bragg on the coastal hwy. A little behind schedule. Booked a place in Seattle to stay, and will be bumming it until then between here and there (Hoh Rainforest before going to Seattle).

Yellowstone flooding has me most likely skipping Glacier and Yellowstone, for a swing down to Boise. Then Tetons. And then Monument Valley and Shiprock, before heading east.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Two week update!

Currently having coffee in Fort Bragg on the coastal hwy. A little behind schedule. Booked a place in Seattle to stay, and will be bumming it until then between here and there (Hoh Rainforest before going to Seattle).

Yellowstone flooding has me most likely skipping Glacier and Yellowstone, for a swing down to Boise. Then Tetons. And then Monument Valley and Shiprock, before heading east.
    I thought of you when I heard about the Yellowstone flooding.
    Sounds like you are having a good time. Always wanted to photograph the Tetons; someday!
    Stay safe, Bryan!

Bryan should have past west of me this morning on his way north into the redwoods. I blew getting back to his PM in a timely manner, so I hope to hear from him by phone. The light this morning should be wonderful along Prairie Creek.

This week has been nuts for someone who is suppose to be retired. Far too complicated to go into but includes a house guest who is attempting curate and find a home for the 40 year old abandoned (photo/graphic arts/personal) work of a homeless mutual friend as the foundation of the week...and gets more interesting.

Hopefully Bryan will get my reply with my phone number before I miss him altogether.

Edit to add -- just got off the phone with Bryan...south of Eureka and still on his way north, so I have not missed him!
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Sounds like you're having fun. I look forward to (eventually) seeing your photos from this trip.

Regrets for not having kept up with this thread...if but for the vicarious adventure! Will try to check in more often, and in the meantime, Bryan don't forget to eat and sleep...and to turn your dark slides over after clicking the shutter!

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    One-week check-in. Went to DV this morning and I enjoyed the mild 110F temps . Seriously a summer day in Florida at 100% humidity is worse IMO!

Anyway, I just got gas at $6.05 and am making my way to Mono Lake.

Attachment 228029

We had 82% humidity a couple days ago here in Chicago at 6 am. I really miss the dry SoCal heat.

Bryan left early this morn to take a walk in the redwoods and continue up the coast towards Washington!
    I took him on a walking tour of the town, the first stop being a (dry) tour of the World Famous Logger Bar next door...all that took care of the first 15 minutes of his visit.
    We had a good time, basically taking a break from the Road -- and it sounds like he'll have way too much film to process when he gets home!
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Bryan left early this morn to take a walk in the redwoods and continue up the coast towards Washington!
    I took him on a walking tour of the town, the first stop being a (dry) tour of the World Famous Logger Bar next door...all that took care of the first 15 minutes of his visit.
    We had a good time, basically taking a break from the Road -- and it sounds like he'll have way too much film to process when he gets home!
    Good to hear Vaughn. Following Bryan's trip on Instagram it looks to be a great experience.
    Ron McElroy
    Memphis

Update! I've definitely had a rough week that I won't go into, but, I am now home in north GA. I even developed 5 rolls of film and some 4x5 sheets.

Look forward to pics soon. I still have a week off work so plenty of time for film dev and scan!

Most of the film I shot, plus what's in the cameras that I need to finish up. Not pictured, 46 sheets of 4x5.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	junefilm.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	228583
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Great news -- may the gods of silver be with you!