Thread: CONFLICT RFMODULE Digital optical rangefinder module.

CONFLICT RFMODULE Digital optical rangefinder module.

I recently released my second project under the name of CONFLICT.

Its a self contained rangefinder module, in the spirit of Kalarts etc. rangefinders that could be added to basically any camera.

It digitalizes the link between the camera & the rangefinder, so you can easily adapt it into wide range of cameras. And also use it on multiple cameras.

You can calibrate & store multiple lenses into it, the focal length range is 135-250mm on 4x5" film.

Though that might change, as i have not yet tested longer lenses. Not sure how small the frame lines would be.

Max close up focus distance is 55cm.

It has digital framelines that enable accurate & fully corrected framelines customized for the lens & camera combo you are using it on.

And for the film size you are using, so custom formats like 6x12 can also be easily used with accurate framelines.

Semi spot light meter and automatic bellows extension calculations etc.

It also calculates and shows graphically the depth of field in front & behind the focus point, so you can quite easily find hyperfocal etc. based on your needs.

Here is a short video clip through the viewfinder : https://www.instagram.com/p/CaGIykpjYQJ/

It uses the same tech as my AF45 project.

https://www.instagram.com/conflict.cameras/

Re: CONFLICT RFMODULE Digital optical rangefinder module.

Is this product available for purchase, or is this just a development announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Is this product available for purchase, or is this just a development announcement?
    Its a product announcement. Its not yet available for purchase, but will be.

Here is the RFMODULE on a Voigtlander Bergheil 9x12 folder:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce9XrpVDaX8/

Maybe this illuminates its purpose better. It can be attached to basically any camera, and used on multiple cameras with multiple lenses & with multiple formats & aspect ratios.

This is the second version, quite close to the final version. It now runs really smoothy, and there really is no lag. Quite undisguisable from a purely mechanical rangefinder.

Some of us do not use Mega/Insta

Very interested on youtube please

Quote Originally Posted by fist View Post
    Here is the RFMODULE on a Voigtlander Bergheil 9x12 folder:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce9XrpVDaX8/

Maybe this illuminates its purpose better. It can be attached to basically any camera, and used on multiple cameras with multiple lenses & with multiple formats & aspect ratios.

This is the second version, quite close to the final version. It now runs really smoothy, and there really is no lag. Quite undisguisable from a purely mechanical rangefinder.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Some of us do not use Mega/Insta

Very interested on youtube please
    Yes, I understand. Instagrams is a bit painful. I did post it in youtube also. But of course youtube now has this shorts bull****. You cant escape the vertical brainfarts. Got it in normal view, woohoo.

The framelines on this are still for 4x5" and not 9x12 (if someone notices that), as I just used the calibration i had for my speed graphic. Need to move the new code from the 45AF to this to get all the menus that have different formats etc.

More here

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5...VY86OYQumFQr4A

Quote Originally Posted by fist View Post
    Yes, I understand. Instagrams is a bit painful. I did post it in youtube also. But of course youtube now has this shorts bull****. You cant escape the vertical brainfarts. Got it in normal view, woohoo.

The framelines on this are still for 4x5" and not 9x12 (if someone notices that), as I just used the calibration i had for my speed graphic. Need to move the new code from the 45AF to this to get all the menus that have different formats etc.
    Tin Can

Cool!