Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An e-Bay log-in Question

An e-Bay log-in Question

I bought a new computer. Its got Windows !! on it and I don't like change but I'm getting used to it.

However, e-Bay is now giving me a notification of new log in activity every time I go there. Whats with that and how to normalize my log-in?

Not that big a deal, but . . .

Tried to contact e-Bay to work it out and it appears that I'm too old and inflexible to deal with it.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Re: An e-Bay log-in Question

If it's because you logged in from this new PC, it's just them informing you that they noticed someone log in from a new device, the new PC. Somewhere in the email there should be a , confirm it was me logging in, and the messages should stop.

Try re-logging into Ebay- usually most sites have a "Remember this device" feature that basically will add the device to a trusted list and you won't get those notifications anymore.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

… or stay logged in.

This has been going on for three weeks.

They contact me via e-mail messaging. . . .but I've never read them, just delete . . .guess I should open one up and read it!
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Ok, I finally did read a few or the messages. They say that if it really is me "We are all set." and recommends that I change my password if it is a spurious sign-in. But does not give me an option to confirm m.

Every time I sign-in, I get the dame message.

I have tried to contact e-Bay but keep getting into a circular help topic thing. Never an option to send an e-mail.

I can just delete them every time but geeze, this is a major web-tech outfit.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    Ok, I finally did read a few or the messages. They say that if it really is me "We are all set." and recommends that I change my password if it is a spurious sign-in. But does not give me an option to confirm m.

Every time I sign-in, I get the dame message.

I have tried to contact e-Bay but keep getting into a circular help topic thing. Never an option to send an e-mail.

I can just delete them every time but geeze, this is a major web-tech outfit.
    Ebay has pretty much the most glaring bugs and weird stuff I've ever seen on a "major web-tech outfit". It's such a moneymaker they probably don't feel the need to hire expensive talent. Meanwhile the site is quickly getting eclipsed by a lot of smaller competitors Mercari, FB Marketplace, etc etc

Don't waste your time calling EBAY. Fix it yourself by changing your password.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

It's for your protection... to make sure you're account isn't getting hacked... and you complain that its inconvenient and annoying??? What is really annoying is the "self-service style help"; it's not just ebay but virtually everyone. You have to be a computer genius to figure them out!

Have you checked your ebay account notification settings? You probably have one to many things selected.

Yeah I'll check stuff again.

I'm aging out of this information age I guess. I am using these on-line things less and less. Having a problem with "Artsy Home" too. They changed something and I can't log in there either. Have a website for my images, but the feature that allows folks to e-maile me from the contact me page won't work. Last week I tried to check the time on my iPhone and somehow called my mother-in-law at 3:30 AM!

Think about it; I'm using one of the most basic imaging techniques. No programs, no buttons, no auto anything.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com