Thread: Have any of you purchased and used these $100 Wista 45sp or 45vx bellows?

Question Have any of you purchased and used these $100 Wista 45sp or 45vx bellows?

Wista 45SP and 45VX cameras have replaceable bellows. You can find them on eBay at different price points. These are $100. Have any of you used them? Are they good? The seller states that they do not come with "bellow frames." I'm looking into what those are in the meantime.

I see 3 reviews of this product on eBay but those reviewers could just be friends or collectors instead of regular users of their cameras.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18400420492...0AAOSwy~JdpNc9

Here's the item description from the seller:

Quote Originally Posted by mytongguy
    Brand New Bellows For Wista 45N 45VX 45SP 45RF

Product: 4x5 bellows.
    Suitable for: Wista 45D 45N 45VX 45SP 45RF 4x5" large format camera.
    Material: Two layers synthetic fiber cloth with special coating to avoid light leakage
    Bellows color: Black or red, please specify bellows color or we will ship it randomly, mostly black color.
    Warranty: One year
    Note: No bellows frames included.

Our bellows workshop has been established for more than ten years! In the past ten years, we have continuously improved our technology and processes, as well as the use of better materials, supplemented by computer design and the use of laser cutting machines, making our bellows dimensions more accurate, more durable, and more beautiful. Our bellows has won the favor of the professional photographers and photography enthusiasts, and it also enjoys a reputation in major large format photography forums. At the same time, we also provide bellows for some large format camera factories and large format camera repair shop.

The bellows we made are use high-density fabrics with special light leak-proof coatings. Compared to the old style leather bellows, it is characterized by its thinness and lightness, and it is also extremely durable! Bellows materials are available in black and red, please tell us after purchase, otherwise we will ship it randomly. In addition to the regular models, we accept custom made bellows any size up to 24x24 inches. As you may know that production of bellows is handcraft work, so the productivity is difficult to meet the requirements of market demand. Some common models have a certain amount of inventory, but most of them are not. There are thousands of large format cameras in the world, and it is not possible to have stocks for each model. In general, 4x5 bellows takes 3-5 days, 5x7 and 8x10 takes 5-8 days, ultra large format may takes 2-3 weeks. So, please wait with patience, thank you!

Re: Have any of you purchased and used these $100 Wista 45sp or 45vx bellows?

No, but I have purchased Linhof Technika bellows, and Linhof Kardan bellows from them and have been very happy with what they provided.

Bellows frames are the rigid frames at either end of the bellows that allow you to remove and replace the bellows. The Technika bellows don’t have frames, the bellows are installed directly in the camera. If the Wista requires frames, remove the old bellows from the camera, and look at the ends, to see how to disassemble and reassemble the frames.

Or buy a Wista bellows. They naturally come with the frames.

And check what this EBAY seller has to offer -- at the bottom of the page:

http://www.subclub.org/fujinon/

Joel Edmondson

Bought the replacement bellows for Wista 45SP, installed my frames from the failed SP Bellows and installed the bellows on my camera (three or four years ago). No complaints!
    Joel

Quote Originally Posted by abruzzi
    No, but I have purchased Linhof Technika bellows, and Linhof Kardan bellows from them and have been very happy with what they provided.

Bellows frames are the rigid frames at either end of the bellows that allow you to remove and replace the bellows. The Technika bellows don’t have frames, the bellows are installed directly in the camera. If the Wista requires frames, remove the old bellows from the camera, and look at the ends, to see how to disassemble and reassemble the frames.
    Okay, thanks! That's good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon
    Or buy a Wista bellows. They naturally come with the frames.
    They're pricy. $500 + on B&H! That's new though. I bet used ones are affordable when they're available.

Quote Originally Posted by xkaes
    And check what this EBAY seller has to offer -- at the bottom of the page:
    Thanks! Similar price. I wonder if they're getting them from the same supplier...

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Edmondson
    Bought the replacement bellows for Wista 45SP, installed my frames from the failed SP Bellows and installed the bellows on my camera (three or four years ago). No complaints!
    Joel
    Perfect, thank you! I'll add them to my wishlist then. If I do buy a Wista I'll just make sure I get one with the frames.