Thread: Zone System Note Page (Free to use)

Zone System Note Page (Free to use)

Hey fellow large format enthusiasts,

I was looking to see if anything like Ansel Adams' Exposure Record book is still being made, but I couldn't find anything like it new which would work for me. So, since no one else will make one for me, I decided to make one for myself. An hour spent in Adobe Illustrator, and I've created this, a 1/2 page sheet for documenting Zone System exposure notes. I'm planning on printing a bunch out and making a notebook of them to put in my camera bag, so I left a gap at the top for hole punches. At the moment I write down my notes on a small page, tear it out, and slip it into the top of the dark slide slot so it stays with the film sheet. I'm planning to use these the same way. Feel free to print out and use as many as you want. Zone System Note Page (2).pdf

Re: Zone System Note Page (Free to use)

Very nice! I saved it. Many thanks!

Cool. It would be easy to add a Zone System chart like the one on your form to the worksheet attached to post #22 (demo in post #23) in the thread Exposure Worksheet. The worksheet is available for download on GitHub, link in post #31.

GitHub says that seven people have downloaded the worksheet since I uploaded it three days ago. Not exactly huge demand, but apparently a few people are interested in it. I'll probably add a Zone System chart sometime this week. The worksheet is inherently modular in the sense that people can keep the fields that they want and delete the rest.

Great! Thanks for sharing!