Thread: Linhof Pro Tripod P - Need To Fix

Linhof Pro Tripod P - Need To Fix

Back in 2003 I Linhof invited me to spend a week with them as they were considering my L-1 (wood/resin) 4x5 camera as a possible product. Didn't happen, but I had a great time with them!

At any rate, during that week, Linhof owner Peter Baurnschmidt gifted me a tripod that looks just like the one in this photo (Linhhof Lightweight Pro Tripod P):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Linhof Lightweight Pro Tripod P.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	224157

But soon after returning from Munich...I lent this tripod to a student, who brought it back to me with one of its "flip lock" levers having popped out. Fortunately this student was able to retrieve this lever, plus other associated parts.

Now I'm usually a regular Mr. Fixit when these things happen...but for the life of me I could not seem to get the parts to go back together, and so this tripod has been tucked away ever since. Probably covered under some kind of warranty...but this was a gift - from the owner of Linhof no less...and I'd be really embarrassed to send this tripod back to him.

Any suggestions...Anybody? Maybe even Bob?

Re: Linhof Pro Tripod P - Need To Fix

Any LInhof service center can fix this.

…looks like PCW closed up very recently, and that they’ve recommended Laflex (authorized service center) in Palm Desert, CA.

Just got a PM recommending Laflex also, specifically in reference to a tripod repair.

And Nippon Photoclinic in NYC (920 Broadway, Suite 705) looks like the second authorized service center in the U.S. Sound about right? Closer to me in Vt. so should save some shipping. I’ll try contacting them first.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    …looks like PCW closed up very recently, and that they’ve recommended Laflex (authorized service center) in Palm Desert, CA.

Just got a PM recommending Laflex also, specifically in reference to a tripod repair.

And Nippon Photoclinic in NYC (920 Broadway, Suite 705) looks like the second authorized service center in the U.S. Sound about right? Closer to me in Vt. so should save some shipping. I’ll try contacting them first.

Thanks!
    Ask for Rim at Nippon.

John, I don’t think PCW is closed, but they moved (again) to Texas, near Austin. But Austin at LAFLEX does a lot of Linhof tripod restorations. …
    ... JMOwens (Mt. Pleasant, Wisc. USA)

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." ...Michelangelo

I shipped a Linhof Cinematic II head to Laflex in September 2021 for repair and it still hasn't been returned to me. The proprietor has moved his business again, which surely accounts for some of the delay, and he explained Linhof no longer stocks any parts for the Cinematic II. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever see this component again. The tripod accepting this head is useless without it; no other head will fit.